Unlike the rest of Bitten's SpellFlash modules, this Atonement module is not meant for maximizing end-game performance. Instead, it is meant to make you the meanest dps-ing atonement healer around, mostly because that's fun. It's also great for speeding up instances where healing is easy while you are leveling or grinding rep.
One concern for Atonement healers is that everybody be within 15 yards of their target (or at least everybody who needs heals). I have not found a perfect way to detect this, but there is a feature to announce when people who need healing are not getting them (presumably because they are out of range). It is disabled when in a raid, because when there are multiple people healing it gets buggy. You can choose to announce to party, say, or whisper. The announcement can be customized, but the default says, e.g., "Bitten is out of range of [Atonement]." Should you choose to customize it, strings will be replaced as follows:
- <Atonement> will be replaced with a link to the spell.
- <Player> will be replaced with the name of the player who is out of range, or the word "You" in a whisper. Use "<player>" to instead make "you" lower case.
- <is/are> will be replaced with the word "is", except in whispers where it well be replaced with "are".
THE INFORMATION BELOW HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED SINCE 5.2. SOME OF IT IS OUT OF DATE.
It follows this simple rotation. Note that somebody "needs healing" when their health is belowe 90% (configurable in the options).
- Shadow Word: Death: When in mana-conscious mode (configurable in the options). Skipped if somebody needs healing.
- Shadow Word: Pain: When not in mana-conscious mode (configurable in the options). Skipped if somebody needs healing.
- Holy Fire
If you have less than 20% mana (configurable in the options) and nobody needs healing, instead it will spam Power Word: Solace to regen mana (if you have that talent).
In addition, it will flash these spells under the following conditions:
- Power Infusion: When any other spell is also flashing (which means whenever it is off cooldown, unless you are low on mana and just waiting for someone to get damaged).
- Shadowfiend: When you have less than 76% mana.
- Mindbender: When you have less than 85% mana.
- Power Word: Fortitude: When anyone in your raid who is nearby needs it. Refreshed at 5 minutes out of combat.
- Inner Fire: When it is not up.
- Date created
- Jun 23, 2012
- Last update
- Mar 20, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Bitten's SpellFlash: Atonement
- Recent files