BTex version 3.4
A development of Tiggy's excellent addon
Original file/addon can be found here :
What is it? :
Btex (for 'Bottom TEXture') is a very lightweight addon for World Of Warcraft providing Background texture at the bottom of the screen and was created by Tiggy.
It contains a package of pre-made skins, a simple menu for settings skins, texture height,width,transparency,colors, positions, viewport,etc ..
What can it do? :
- Put a texture of your choice on the bottom of the screen via menu options (use /bx menu or /btex menu),
- Set height/width/transparency/position/colors/layer of your texture,
- Use any other TGA/BLP texture file or any other 'pack' of skin,
- Display a grid to setup your interface correctly,
- Modify the 3D rendering area with viewport function,
- Work in any resolution,
- Low memory usage & standalone addon (no libs or dependency are needed).
Ready to use skins :
The following skins are packaged and are ready to use via the option menu:
- Dark Shadow serie
- Simple Black
- Fade Black
- Red Fury
- Warcraft Classic
- Ice Dragon remake (credits to Xaphiroth)
- Ice Dragon remake with pet bar(credits to Xaphiroth)
- White Dragon
! WARNING IF YOU ARE UPDATING BTEX: backup your Interface\Btex\Skin folder if you use custom skin !
Skins package known to work (Thanks to all artists sharing artwork !):
You can download and use this skins too (copy them to /Interface/Addons/btex/skins/ and just use "Custom skins") then type the name of the file u want to use without the "-1.tga" :
Skins by "Duxy" : http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/author-204503.html
Skins by "Brandon87" : http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/author-272366.html
Skins by "Jaimie" : http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/author-272286.html
Skins by "Chemmy" : http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/author-44144.html
Skins by "Bloodfest" : http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/author-277862.html
Skins by "Bornabe" : http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=591&a=list
Skins by "RosyBijou" : http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14777-BTEX--IceDragoncustomized.html#info
Last Update :
v3.3 28 December 2012
- Updated toc to 5.1
- Small bug fixes
v3.2 1 September 2012
- Updated toc to 5.0.4
- Fixed some small code issues
V3.1 19 December 2011
- Updated TOC to 4.3
- Installed the old graphic again pr. request, will link to all the new graphic on the main site.
V3.0 27 September 2011
- Fixed a memory usage and updated toc to 4.2.2
- Updated to version 3
V2.9.4 6 March 2011
- Fixed bug caused by Cataclysm's (4.0.1) removal of global variable this
V2.9.3 6 February 2010
- Modified function with X and Y placement for main frame. You can now set negative value.
V2.9.2 10 Decemeber 2009
- Updated TOC for Wow 30300,
- Fixed bug with saving variable in viewport mode.
For full version history, please see here: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20340-BTexFanupdate.html or read the VersionHistory.txt
Language aviable for all frame config are :
- default : english/US,
- German localisation, thx to Kuhglöckchen a.k.a. Blocki
- Russian localisation, kiss to troyen
- zhTW and zhCN, credits to wowui.cn
Just use http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20340-BTexFanupdate.html using the provided forms(comments tab) or send me a PM on wowinterface.
I'm looking for artists
How do I use it?
First unzip it into your interface\addons directory. For more info on installing, please read install.txt
Now just run WoW and once logged in, type '/bx menu' to get the options screen and choose a skin.
Making your own skins :
Download 1 of these PSD files to get started.
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=14746 Thanks to Bornabe for sharing this.
When done, make 4 tga like this :
- image must be in RGB,
- Width and height must be a 512x256,
- Color depth must be 24-bit (8x8x8),
- 8-bit alpha channel must be present (thus making a 32 bit depth),
- Image must be uncompressed,
- Image must be TGA or BLP
if you make your own, remember to share =)
How can i share my artwork ? :
Create an account on wowinterface, then upload it here as a plugin : http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20340-BTexFanupdate.html#other
Please post all errors and suggestions on http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20340-BTexFanupdate.html using comments tab, or send me a PM on wowinterface.
How do I run menu config ? type "/bx Menu" or "/Btex menu" in the chat windows.
Why the download is so big ? it's because it contain many images.
How do i load custom skins? Copy TGA or BLP files to /interface/btex/skins/ directory, and use the "custom texture" options on the top dropdown menu. Write name file without the end "-1.tga".
Example: for 'blabla' skin, you have 4 tga named blabla-1.tga blabla-2.tga Write 'blabla' in the custom name.
Do the skin support transparency ? yes. Via images files and via WOW API.
Can i use BLP file? Yes. use custom load skin, and do like with any other tga file.
- Date created
- Nov 26, 2007
- Last update
- Mar 12, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files