Special note: 2-Sept-2014 Preview images showing new addon UI element changes
Special note: 15-Aug-2014 In preparation for World of Warcraft v6.0 and Warlords of Draenor a major effort has been made to fix localization issues. If you are comfortable translating from English to other Blizzard supported languages please go to http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/census-plus/localization/ and add translations and/or review other translations. Thank you for your help in this endeavor.
You can always find the latest information on the Census mod at:
CensusPlus came about due to requested changes and desired options not present in the original Census UI Mod by Ian Pieragostini.
I spoke with Ian (the original creator of the Census UI mod) and he has lost interest in World of Warcraft modding and encouraged me to modify the Census Mod to my liking. Thus I have done so.
The original Census UI Mod basically took snapshots of your current realm and faction. You could keep this data and combine it with other snapshots to provide greater statistical analysis.
CensusPlus offers many features above and beyond what the original Census UI mod provided. Here follows a list of added features:
- Abilty to minimize the main census window which provides you the abilty to actually play while a census is being taken
- Ability to pause and unpause the current census
- Ability to stop the current census in progress
- GameTime timestamp added when characters are viewed which will be used by http://www.warcraftrealms.com if your data is uploaded
Census information is saved in the Savedvariables folder as CensusPlus.lua this is the file that is uploaded to WarcraftRealms
Installation: Unzip the files into your %World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns directory. It should create a CensusPlus directory with the installed files.
/CensusPlus or /Census+ or /Census and following command as shown below:
- /CensusPlus verbose _ Toggles verbose mode off/on
- /CensusPlus options _ Brings up the Option window
- /CensusPlus take _ Start a Census snapshot
- /CensusPlus stop _ Stop a Census snapshot
- /CensusPlus prune X _ Prune the database by removing characters not seen in X days on current realm - X defaults to 30 days
- /CensusPlus serverprune X _ Prune the database by removing all data from servers other than the one you are currently on - X defaults to 0 days.
- /CensusPlus who name _ Will display info that matches names or guilds.
- /CensusPlus who unguilded 70 _ Will list unguilded characters of that level.
- /CensusPlus timer X _ Will set the autocensus timer (in minutes).
- /CensusPlus me _ Does Census update of player only.. this is done automatically when /CensusPlus take finishes.
You can also invoke the CensusPlus window by clicking on the CensusPlus Button that default to the mini-map but can be moved anywhere. Clicking the right (alternate) button on the mouse will show a drop down option window.
By selecting the Take button from the main census panel, you will initiate a Census snapshot. Depending on the population of your realm and faction, this could take several minutes.
Clicking the Purge button will purge all your collected data from your local Census database.
Clicking the Stop button will stop the current census if one is in progress.
Clicking the Pause button will pause the current census if one is in progress.
Once you have census data locally you can click on Race, Class, or Level icons or bars to bring up more detail on your current realms population.
If you so choose, you can upload your collected census information to http://www.warcraftrealms.com Doing so will greatly help in the tracking of your realm and faction's population numbers and statistics. You can create your own login at http://www.warcraftrealms.com to keep track of your upload activity, or upload anonymously.
If you have any requests, comments, or suggestions, please post in the forums at http://www.warcraftrealms.com
- 1 comment
- Date created
- Oct 23, 2006
- Last update
- Jul 10, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2)
- Curse link
- Recent files