As for now, our main author is AFK'd and myself as well. I'm not sure if he's coming back for 6.0. Before that I'll try to fix major bugs if there's any. (My skills and time might be limited so no guarantee...) We'll not implement any new features for 5.x and I believe what we had should be enough anyway. Thanks. -- Iceoven
With the latest release, we've changed how custom voice packs structure. Each of them will become a single addon so that you can auto update via curse. And to those who willing to help us make funny extra voice packs, now it will be much easier.
Existing Voice Packs:
- NeospeechPaul16 (Official English Male TTS)
- Yike (Official Chinese Female human)
- Yun (Official Taiwanese Female human)
- Demo (Official English Female TTS), This one is generated by the TTS API we used in our older versions. Now if anyone is interested in making their own voice pack, please download this one and there will be instructions in that pack.
- You will have literally voice warnings for all the critical boss abilities.
- You will have Hud Maps for float stack points on the player.
- You will have arrows on your screen pointing out the direction you should go.
Install this Voice Encounter Mods and progress easily than ever before.
- /vem - shows/hides the GUI
- /vem timer <time> <name> - starts a local timer, the time can be in the mm:ss format
- /vem broadcast timer <time> <name> - broadcasts a timer to the raid
- /vem unlock - shows a movable timer bar (alias: move)
- /vem ver - performs a raid-wide version check
- /range or /distance - shows the RangeCheck frame
- /vem pull <time> (seconds)
- /vem break <time> (minutes)
If you have any major bugs please submit it here, as I'm not always checking the comments on curse. Before doing that please check with your mates see if they are all having the same problem or is it just you. For now I may only be able to fix major ones due to my limited ability. Thank you. -- Iceoven.
Q: Do I need to install DBM or Hudmap or any other addons to make VEM work?
A: Nope. VEM has everything built-in. We also don't recommend that you use VEM with other encounter mods unless you know exactly what you are doing/needing.
Q: Is there a way to turn up the voice?
A: Go to System -> Sound -> Volume, while keep the master volume up, turn down all the 3 sub ones (sound, music, ambience). If that doesn't work for you and you are running windows, please check your windows sound settings and turn OFF loudness equalization.
Q: Does this compatible with old modules of DBM like WotLK?
A: Sorry, you'll need the old DBM core for that.
There're VEM like addons with old content compatible in some way but only in Chinese I believe and legally I shouldn't talk about that here coz old DBM is not under opensource license. :))
- 1 comment
- Date created
- Jul 01, 2013
- Last update
- Mar 23, 2014
- Development stage
- Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
- Curse link
- Voice Encounter Mods (VEM) - MOP
- Recent files