Suggestions? Bug reports? DBM support forums are back!
DBM follows a new versioning scheme from 5.1.0 on
DBM releases will always match the major version number of the latest WoW client that is supported. E.g. DBM 5.1.x is for WoW 5.1, so you can quickly see if your DBM supports the latest instances or if you need an update. The last part of the version number (minor version) is for DBM updates during a patch, so DBM 5.2.1 will be the first update (second version as 5.2.0 will be the first) for WoW 5.2. This is needed as we cannot support everything perfectly just from PTR data...
Old Content mods (including Cataclysm boss mods) are now split into multiple packages
The old content got too big with the addition of the Cataclysm mods, so we split them into multiple addons. You can get them here:
Getting too many updates of DBM per day?
We push multiple new versions to Curse on an average day, these versions may contain important new features or bug fixes for the bleeding edge raid content... These versions are tagged as alpha, so they will not be downloaded by default. Set your Curse client to update to alpha if you want these latest versions (but they may contain bugs, downloads tagged as "Beta" or "Release" are more stable)
Disable alpha versions in your Curse client if you do not want multiple updates per day. Make sure you check main download preference as well as DBM's individual download preference. You could have primary method set to release and dbm still set to alpha. Right click on DBM itself in curse client addon list and set it to release/beta to avoid the daily updates.
- Boss mods for all raid bosses
- Colored raid warnings (players will be colored according to their class) with icons - so you will know what's going on without even reading the message
- Auto-respond during boss fights. DBM will inform anyone who whispers you during a boss fight that you are busy. These messages contain the name and health of the boss as well as the raid's status
- HealthFrame: you can enable a simple frame that shows a health bar for all active bosses. This is enabled by default for multi-mob bosses like Four Horsemen
- Bars can be enlarged with decent effects when they are about to expire
- Crash recovery: you had a disconnect or crash during a boss fight? No problem for DBM! It will request the timer and combat status information from other DBM users in your raid group and you get your timers back
- Synchronization system for accurate timers
- No dependencies, no embedded libraries (except for the optional LibDataBroker plugin that embeds LibDataBroker)
- Modular design - all boss mods are plugins and can be exchanged, removed or updated separately
- Load on demand - all boss mods are separate AddOns and they will be loaded when they are needed. So they don't use memory or cpu until you enter the corresponding instance
- Special effects like the screen flash effect, huge warning messages and sounds will draw your attention to critical events
- Bars can change their color over time and flash before they expire
- There are many bar designs to choose from, all designs are are customizable: you can change the color, size, icon position etc.
- Support for SharedMedia, so you can use any texture for your bars
- Option to create custom timers, so-called "Pizza Timers" for your pizza or whatever you prefer to eat while raiding. You can also send those timers to your raid group
- Powerful object-oriented API - you can use it to write your own boss mods!
- Cataclysm Boss Mods
- Wrath of the Lich King Boss Mods
- Burning Crusade and Vanilla Boss Mods
- LibDataBroker data source
- Victory Sounds
- /dbm - shows/hides the GUI
- /dbm timer <time> <name> - starts a local timer, the time can be in the mm:ss format
- /dbm broadcast timer <time> <name> - broadcasts a timer to the raid
- /dbm unlock - shows a movable timer bar (alias: move)
- /dbm ver - performs a raid-wide version check
- /range or /distance - shows the RangeCheck frame
- /dbm pull <time> (seconds)
- /dbm break <time> (minutes)
Table of contents
- Date created
- Apr 29, 2008
- Last update
- May 19, 2013
- Development stage
- Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
- Curse link
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files