Examiner - An Advanced Inspection Mod
With Examiner, you can check other players gear, talents, achievements, honor and arena team details.
When you inspect someone, it will show a stat summery of all their equipped gear combined. Please note that these values are from gear alone, and will not include bonuses from buffs, talents or normal base stats.
Each player you inspect can be cached, that way you can look them up later, even when they are not around. The option to cache others is disabled by default, you will have to enable caching on the "Config" page.
You can bind a key to inspect your target, you can even bind a key to inspect whoever is under your mouse (stealth inspection). To set this up, open the Key Bindings dialog and look under "Examiner".
Examiner does not use that much memory by itself, but once you start caching a lot of people, memory usage can grow quite quickly.
You can always find the latest release of this addon on WoWInterface.com. Post your comments, questions and suggestions for this addon on the addons comment page. Or in this thread: http://forums.curseforge.com/showthread.php?t=18999
To compare one person's gear with another, you can mark a target for compare by right clicking on the "Stats" button to get a drop down menu to open, this menu will have an entry called "Mark for Compare". When marked for compare, the Stats page will no longer show the actual stats of your inspected person, but will instead show the difference in stats compared to the person you marked for compare.
Examiner comes with powerful achievement browser, which has a lot of features, such as filtering out certain achievements you do not care about, or only show achievements for a specific boss encounter.
It is also possible to sort achievements in several ways. For example, you may want to sort achievements by the reward their name, or the date they were completed.
Instead of the default achievement browser, try using the one in Examiner, even when looking at your own achievements, just inspect yourself.
If your number of cached entries is getting quite high, you may want a way to filter out specific players.
First you have to open the filter dialog, do this by right clicking on the Cache button and pick "Filter...", or use the shortcut by holding down the Shift key and then click the Cache button.
The filter works a bit similar to the /who function in WoW, so you can for example set the filter to "1-79" and it will show all non level 80s.
To only show a specific class, you can use the filter "class:deathknight", and only Death Knights will be shown.
You can add as many filter matches as you want, so using the filter: "class:hunter race:nightelf guild:awesome" will show all Night Elf hunters from the guild <Awesome>.
Filter matches cannot have spaces, you must write them without, that is why "Death Knight" has to be written as "DeathKnight", you can even just use "deathk" it does not have to match the entire thing.
You can use the filter type "sex" to match males or females. Using "sex:2" will match males, "sex:3" will match females.
There are many filter types, here are some examples: "class", "race", "realm", "guild", "guildRank", "sex" and "zone".
Model Frame Controls
Left Click + Move: Rotates the Model
Right Click + Move: Moves the Model
Ctrl + Left Click: Change Background
Ctrl + Right Click: Toggle Background
The slash command for Examiner is /examiner or just /ex.
Although you probably wont need to use any slash commands as almost everything is available from the UI, there are a few things which can only be done through slash commands.
/ex inspect <unit> or /ex i <unit>
This one will inspect the given unit (target, focus, party3 etc). If no unit token is given, it will inspect target and then player if no target exist.
/ex si <itemLink>
This command will scan just a single item and list its combined stats in the chat frame. Holding down ALT while the mouse is over an item in Examiner will show a tooltip with the stats like this.
/ex compare <itemLink1> <itemLink2>
Compares two items and lists the stat differences.
/ex arena <rating>
Shows you the amount of arena points the given rating gives for 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5.
/ex rating <stat> <rating> <level>
Converts a given stat rating into the amount it gives in percentage, at the specified level. Will use your level if omitted.
/ex scale <value>
Changes the scale of the Examiner window.
Resets the position in case it was moved off screen.
Clears the entire cache of Examiner.
- Chester, the original author of SuperInspect, who gave me the idea to make this mod.
- Haldamir of Gorgonnash, for the german translation.
- omosiro, who made the Korean translation.
- g3gg0, changes to the German translation & author to one of the SuperInspect versions.
- Pettigrow of Sinstralis, for the translation to French.
- Siphony of EU-Onyxia, updated German translation.
- Dridzt, for some of the required changes in the WotLK to make it function properly again.
- quicksylver, for updating the English patterns to WotLK.
- Darigaaz of SoulFlayer(RU) for the Russian translation.
- Hoofik of AshenVale for the 3.0 patch update of the Russian translation.
- Maxfunkey (aka Carambha of EU-Lordearon), patch 3.0.2 update of the German and Frensh translation.
- Thorakon (aka Pulgrim of EU-Alexstrasza), for the patch 3.0.3 update of the German translation.
- chkid, for Korean translation update for the 3.1 patch.
- ericyen, for the Taiwan translation for the 3.1 release.
- All the people using Examiner!
Lacking Features, Ideas & Problems
- Always listen for INSPECT_READY, and invalidate the current unit if an event is recieved that is not "our" unit.
- PvP: The arena calculator needs to be updated.
- Cache: Modify the function that builds a list of players from the filter, to take a table parameter, so external code can request a filterd list, without modifying the cache list.
- Postpone the OnCache() event, currently, the OnAchievementsReady() happens after caching is done, so it doesn't actually get cached!
- Module's OnInitialize() shouldn't run until first time Examiner is opened. This would allow for much more optimization.
- Achievement tooltips should adhere to the smarttooltip option.
- mod:HasData() should be posting an event. It messes with the modlist module.
- Locked frames seem to have moved a bit up as of 4.0, change this in Examiner to so it will align with other frames.
- Bring back the ability, as a new module, to send an inspected player to another person with Examiner.
- 7 comments
- Date created
- May 31, 2007
- Last update
- Apr 19, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files