This plugin for Fishing Buddy allows you to maintain a single fishing database across multiple machines. It can also be used to share databases with other players.
Here's how to copy your database changes between machines:
1. Log out of WoW
2. Squirrel away the 'target' copy of FB_MergeDatabase.lua
3. Copy FB_MergeDatabase.lua to the 'target' machine
4. Put the 'source' FB_MergeDatabase.lua in the 'target' SavedVariables folder
5. Log into WoW
All of the 'source' fish are now merged with the 'target' database. Do the reverse with the 'target' FB_MergeDatabase and both machines are now 'in sync.'
Here's how to merge two FishingBuddy.lua files (e.g. import someone else's database):
1. Log into Wow, run '/fb merge force'
2. Copy the other FishingBuddy.lua file into SavedVariables (overwrites the original -- back it up first)
3. Log into Wow
You should get a not-very-useful-yet message in the Chat window that your fish have been merged.
Going between machines, the FB_MergeDatabase.lua file from the 'other' machine(s) goes into SavedVariables and then you log into WoW and the fish will be merged -- the FB_MergeDatabase structures are emptied out, ready to start capturing new fishing.
- Date created
- Feb 10, 2008
- Last update
- Sep 11, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Fishing Buddy -- Merge Data
- Recent files