This is a special addon, it has no interface, but it can speak. It is SOUND ALERT addon leads you to become GLADIATOR, so having the name GladiatorlosSA.
This addon will alert spells using customized voice. For example, when you are in BG or arena, an enemy uses his pvp trinket, a voice of "Trinket" will come out. It can alert many spells(100+), each spell can be selected on or off. Now it has two voice sets made by TTS(text-to-speech), one is Chinese female Xiaoyan, the other is Neospeech English female Julie. The default voice changes by your locale. Now the addon only has these two voices, otherwise you may need to make a set of your own voice and modify the .lua or wait for the author to update it.
Type /gsa or /gladiatorlossa to config. you can select voice set, enable area and which ability to alert
For other languages
After wow5.04, it may takes a lot of work to add the sound files for other languages. We have only make the English one as example by now (Chinese is in progress). If the author of other GSA voice pack want to update it, plz hurry up.
Now GladiatorlosSA support French and German voice and maybe more other voices in the future. But avoiding to make the addon too large, other voice sets will be downloaded and installed separately by yourself. Here is the list for other voice packs. If anyone want to maintain or add new GSA plugins for other language, plz email or PM me.
- Alert invisible abilities such as mage's cold snap, rogue's preparation, hunter's readiness, and all interrupt spells.
- In arena it can alert the class name when the enemy use pvp trinket.(default is off, and just alert "trinket")
- Alert big heal for all the four healers' most powerful healing abilities(eg Divine Light, Healing Touch).
- Alert drinking, resurrection, reviving pet and summon demons.
- Be silent when the buff isn't at or the spell isn't used by your target or focus.(default is off)
- Alert when friendly interrupt successfully.
- Add your own sound file and alert easily.
Why I can't hear any sound of the addon?
- Make sure your sound effect is open and your sound volume isn't very low.
- Check if you have disabled your current area in the "enable area" options, check if you have disabled the spells you just want to hear.
I want to hear the addon voice only, with no other game sound, can I?
- Yes, you can! Just turn down the volume of game sound -> sound effect, music and ambience, But NOT the master volume. Now the new beta version of GSA use the master sound channel.
How to change the addon volume with the game sound volume unchanged?
- Addon volume is based on the game volume. Someone told me that it's too low and I make it loud enough, and you can turn it down by turn down the game master sound. However, someone want it lower but not lower the game sound. There is an alternate way to solve the problem, you can turn down the mp3 file by yourself. Using a software called "MP3Gain", It can change the volume of mp3 file.
How to add my own voice file and alert?
- Add your own file eg. myspell.mp3 (must be .mp3 or .ogg here) in the file folder /Interface/GSASound.(by default, but you can also use any other one under your wow root)
- Type /gsa to show the config, then select "Custom" ,add and config your sound alerts here.
How to make my own voice set?
- If you want a voice set other than English or Chinese, try to make your voice files with the same names as the files in the folder "Voice_enUS", then copy and overwrite the original files. Select "English (female)" in game, then your own voice set works.
- If your voice set is very good, and you want to share it with others, just email me and add your voice files as attachment.
- Abatorlos (of Spinebreaker) is the original author.
- DuskAshes is one of the Chinese version maintainers.
- N30Ex is one of the maintainers at MOP
- zuhligan is one of the maintainers after WOD and the French version maintainer.
- 6 comments
- Date created
- Apr 26, 2011
- Last update
- Nov 01, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files