What is Gladius?
Gladius adds enemy unit frames to arenas for easier targeting and focusing. It is highly configurable and you can disable most features of this addon.
- Uses the 3.0 Arena Unit IDs, this enables full functionality even if the enemy is seen first while in combat.
- General arena unit frame features:
- HP bar + Text
- Mana bar + Text
- Cast bar + Text
- Class icon
- PvP trinket status:
- Five display options:
- Name icon.
- Name text.
- Big icon (big, scalable icon to the right).
- Small icon (small icon to the right on top of the mana bar).
- Grid-style icon (colored square to the right on top of the mana bar that turns red when the trinket has been used).
- Five display options:
- Target of Target - displays a class icon representing the enemy's target.
- You can click on the icon to target your enemy's target or use mouseover macros.
- New enemy announcement - announces new enemies.
- Trinket announcement - announces when the trinket is used/is ready again.
- Drinking announecment.
- Enemies on low health - announces enemies that are about to die, you can set the percentage yourself.
- Aura announcement - announces aura used.
- Cooldown announcement - announces cooldown used.
- Auras - shows important buffs and debuffs on the arena enemies.
- You can add/delete/edit auras via the configuration screen.
- Cooldown Tracker - shows enemy cooldowns
- You can enable/disable single cooldowns or entire classes, set an announce type or sound on cooldown used.
- DR Tracker - shows diminishing returns on the arena enemies.
- You can enable/disable single diminishing returns types or show/hide the diminishing returns value.
- Click actions - you can select what is going to happen when you click on a Gladius button.
- Ten editable click actions.
- Three modifiers: SHIFT, CTRL and ALT.
- Four different action types: Target, Focus, Cast Spell and Macro.
- /gladius ui/config/options - displays the configuration screen.
- /gladius test1-5 - shows a test frame with the chosen amount of test units.
- /gladius hide - hides the test frame.
- /gladius trinket - simulates a trinket being used for the first arena target.
Alpha and Beta releases
Macros are meant for the more advanced users, since you'd need to use "*unit" (short for the UnitID of the enemy) for a macro to work. To cast Polymorph on the enemy and print out the name of the enemy in the party chat you would have to do:
/cast [target=*unit] Polymorph
/script SendChatMessage(UnitName("*unit"), "PARTY")
Will you ever have Gladius function in a non-arena environment?
- No, Gladius is meant for arenas only and it'll stay that way.
Can I hide that annoying header ("Gladius - drag to move")?
- Yes, simply lock the Gladius frame.
Suggestions and Bugs
For suggestions and bugs, post a ticket here: http://wow.curseforge.com/projects/gladius/create-ticket/
Curse has setup a very good and easy to use translation system, see: http://wow.curseforge.com/projects/gladius/localization/
If you'd like to become a permanent translator, send an e-mail to [email protected]
- sillyboy6 - zhCN and zhTW translations
- bluenyx and ozma211 - koKR translations
- dlmk - deDE translations
- Hemathio, StingerSoft - ruRU translations
- Shadowed (SSArenaFrames) - snippets of code, inspiration and lots of help
- Proximo - inspiration
- kremonted - Developed the spec detection.
- Date created
- Oct 29, 2008
- Last update
- Aug 24, 2015
- Development stage
- BSD License
- Curse link
- Recent files