GoGoMount is an addon for World of Warcraft which uses some smart logic to determine the best mount for you depending on your skill level (epic or non-epic), type of mount (flying or non-flying) and location (are you in an area that allows flying). GoGoMount will then randomize which mount (if you have several mounts that meet the criteria) it summons so you end up with different types (horses, rams, etc.) and different colors. GoGoMount also has limited support for shape forms used by Druids and Shamans. Instant cast allows for shifting shapes while moving for Druids and Shamans (with points invested in the ability). GoGoMount takes this into consideration when determining the best mount to use.
How to use
There are a few different ways to use GoGoMount. GoGoMount allows for key bindings to be set to free up action bar slots or virtual buttons to be used from within macros.
To set a key binding, you need to access the key binding assignments window built into the game. You will
see something similar to the following:
Mount / Dismount: Summon any mount from available selection using GoGoMount's best mount logic.
Mount / Dismount (no flying): Summon ground mounts only from available selection using GoGoMount's best mount logic.
Mount / Dismount Passenger Mounts: Summon multi-passenger mounts only from available selection using GoGoMount's best mount logic.
Key Bindings in Macros
Each of the above buttons can be used from within a macro by using "/click BUTTONNAME" in the macro where BUTTONNAME is one of the following:
Mount / Dismount button = GoGoButton
Mount / Dismount (no flying) button = GoGoButton2
Mount / Dismount Passenger Mounts button = GoGoButton3
There are a few options that can be set to change the behavior of GoGoMount when it uses it's logic for mounting. The options window can be brought up by going to the in-game options, selecting the addons tab at the top and then selecting GoGoMount from the addon list or by typing "/gogo options". The options window looks like this:
........ options window goes here ........
Here's the list of options and what they do.
- Single click to shift from form to travel forms (/gogo druidclickform)
- This option enables Druids to shift from any shape form into a travel form / mounted form instantly while not in combat. Disabling this option will cause Druids to drop shape form to caster form when pressing the assigned mount button and then into a travel form / mounted form after pressing the mount button a second time.
- Enable automatic dismount (/gogo auto)
- With this option enabled, GoGoMount will automatically dismount you when you click on a herb / ore to pick / mine and when you open the flight path map to fly somewhere. With this option disabled you will have to manually dismount by using the assigned mount button or by other means before.
- Consider 310% and 280% mounts the same speed (/gogo genericfastflyer)
- There are currently two speeds for epic mounts available (and one speed I've seen but is not in game - 300%). GoGoMount's smart mounting logic will always pick the fastest mount possible for you. In some cases people will get one of the special epic mounts which are only 30% faster. One mount thats faster means GoGoMount will never randomize with the 280% speed increase mounts. Enabling this option tells GoGoMount's smart mounting logic to consider all epic flying mounts the same speed.
- Use shape shift forms (flight forms instead of flying mounts) (/gogo shapeform)
- This option is used by Druids and Shamans. It enables support for shape forms. For Druids, when GoGoMount's smart mounting logic picks a flying mount, enabling this option will tell it to use flight forms instead of flying mounts. For Druids and Shamans, when in combat this option will enable support for wolf form and travel form to be used instead of mounts to try to escape. This option will also pick travel form / wolf form if no other mounts are available (either in your bags / mount storage or if you have preferred mounts set that are invalid for your location).
- Preferred mount changes apply to global setting
- This option when disabled causes /gogo [mount link] and /gogo clear commands (which sets preferred mounts - explained later on) to apply to the local zone your character is in. With this option enabled using the listed commands makes changes that effect all zones.
- Disable update notices (/gogo updatenotice)
- GoGoMount will send a line of text on your screen when someone in the same group, raid, battleground or guild has a newer version of GoGoMount. This notice only happens once per session. While it's not recommended, someone might want to keep using a specific version and my never want to update. In that case, enabling this option will silence the update notices.
- Disable unknown mount notices (/gogo mountnotice)
- GoGoMount has an internal database of known mounts and their properties. If a new mount shows up in your mount area which GoGoMount does not know about it will display a note on your screen indicating an unknown mount was found and to please report it. Unknown mounts are not used by GoGoMount since it doesn't know how to use them. Enabling this option blocks that notice.
To be continued
- 9 comments