Enables full functioning communication between 2 or more guilds.
As long as 1 user per guild is online, with Guild2Guild set up and on, then all members of both guilds will be able to share Guild Chat.
However it is advised to have many guild members install it. The more users the more stable Guild2Guild is.
Members without Guild2Guild installed will still see shared chat but will see the name of the g2g relay toon as well as the name of whoever is speaking, ie: "[Jaxom][madmumm]: This is normal!"
For example, guild chat from guild A will appear in guild B's guild chat, and vice-versa.
Please POST ALL ERRORS on http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/guild2guild/tickets/ DO NOT POST ERRORS on curse.com.
- Interface options - Shows All Allied Guilds, Current Relay Channel and Current connections.
- Interface options menu
- Interface page 2 - New Easy Setup
- Information page 3 - how G2G works.
- You can enable either guild chat, officer chat, or both.
- Allows item linking
- Completely secure since the transmission channel is via in game whispers. The public channel that you set is used for cross guild synchronization only
- You can set the add-on to be even more secure by limiting the guilds that you will accept relays from (in case someone with the addon has characters in multiple guilds) (Gui coming soon)
- Forwards messages that other addons send to the guild addon channel
- More than two people from either guild can have the add-on running at once, in fact its encouraged to have multiple characters with the addon for stability.
- Everyone with the addon will see the guild chat as though it came directly from the person that sent the message. Clicking on their name will have all the same functionality as the regular WOW UI.
- If you do not have the addon installed you will see [Name 1][Name 2], 1 = the current link to your guild, 2 = the person sending the message.
- Version 8.0.7 introduced a new feature - If there are NO Allied Guilds listed in the "Guild Info Text" and you are not the Guild Leader then Guild2Guild will Shut-Down.
- This has been added to ensure that Guild2Guild cannot, under any circumstances, randomly connect to other guilds.
To use Guild2Guild, just download and install like any other addon.
You do not have to do anything, if your Guild Master has set-up Guild2Guild.
Just type (if needed)
- /g2g on
You should now be ready for intra-guild communications!
You MUST limit the guilds that you can connect to using a white list of Allied Guilds, and automatically set
the channel and password by useing the new Setup tab in the addons Interface menu
All connected Guilds must use the same Channel and Password.
You can limit which guilds connect to you by entering the guild names into Allies and saving.
This allows multiple connections from different guilds. IE: Your guild has 3 connections and one of your connections has 5 connections. You will only see Chat from the 3 guilds you connect to.
- Channel is the name of the channel you want guild2guild to use to coordinate relays and must start with a capital letter.
- Password is the password for that channel.
- Guild1 and Guild2 are the names of two or more guilds that you would like to allow to connect to this one. (Guild names are Case Sensitive)
- There must be a coma between each Guild Name but no spaces.
- You must save Channel, Password and Allies and then RELOAD before you Press "Write to Guild Info".
- Important Note: If you have any Information in Guild Info, it will be overwritten automatically. I suggest saving the Information and put it back below the code line after setup.
- Code Line Example: <G2G;C:Fredschannel;P:Flinstone;A:Death to the king,Lushness,Dire Dawn Raiders;>
- Guild to Guild will automatically promote people that are allowed to speak in the officer channel to relays. This is so that the officer chat can be relayed as well.
Summary of in-game help commands
To view the usage of Guild2Guild:
- /g2g help
To turn this addon on or off:
- /g2g [on|off]
To turn guild chat on or off:
- /g2g gchat [on|off]
To turn officer chat on or off:
- /g2g ochat [on|off]
To turn relay change notification on or off:
- /g2g relaynotify [on|off]
To set or change the hidden synchronization channel used by this addon:
- /g2g channel [MY_CHANNEL]
To view your settings:
- /g2g report
(ADVANCED: If something really strange happens you can type /g2g stackdump which will take a
snapshot of the last few minutes of guild2guild activity. If you mail me your guild2guild saved
variables file when you log out then I will be better able to debug what went wrong.)
A brief History of Guild2Guild -
To the few very dedicated people that have maintained G2G in chronological responsibility:
- Original Author - Elviso of Mug'Thol
- Modified by - Tassleoff
- Previous Manager/Author - Durthos of Proudmoore
- Update Author - Alvana of Zul'jin
- Current Manager/Author - Jaxom of Hellfire
Guild 2 Guild will not allow you to connect to another guild if you are not in a guild.
I will not change this and any person attempting to change the code of the addon should be aware that ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.
It is against the T&C's of Blizz entertainment for any addon to allow communication between Alliance and Horde.
Guild2Guild will not allow, under any circumstances, an alliance guild and a horde guild to communicate.
- 1 comment
Table of contents
- 1 Enables full functioning communication between 2 or more guilds.
- 2 Error Reporting
- 3 Please POST ALL ERRORS on http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/guild2guild/tickets/ DO NOT POST ERRORS on curse.com.
- 4 Features
- 5 Usage
- 6 Guild Leaders
- 7 Easy Setup
- 8 Known Issues
- 9 Summary of in-game help commands
- 10 History
- 11 Important Note
- Date created
- Sep 23, 2007
- Last update
- Dec 07, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files