New releases will slow down as I work on the next version of this addon, designed specifically for Warlords of Draenor. With sufficient interest, I may throw together a version that works on the beta, though the priority list on beta will have to evolve as tuning and other changes take place. I will post a note about planned changes in Warlords of Draenor "soon."
Feel free to contact me directly if you have any issues. Private messages work well. Submitting a ticket is good as well. I do NOT get notifications if you comment on this page, unfortunately.
You can reach me on the MMO-Champion forums as Hekili, or on Twitter as @Hekili808.
Localization is largely complete. Some features are dependent on accurate localized strings. If your weapon imbues are staying at the front of your priority queue, you are likely playing in a language that needs further translation.
r74 - A bug preventing the addon from loading for users who are not using another Ace3 localized addon has been fixed.
After playing with several of the popular rotation helper addons, I decided to draw upon the strengths of several of them and develop my own from the ground up. The features I appreciated and drew inspiration from are as follows: From EnhaPrio, I liked the 'queue' and being able to see the next several abilities rather than just one or two. It helps with decision-making if I know I don't want to use the highest priority ability for some reason. From clcEnh, I liked that its second recommended ability was based off of using the first, applying/consuming buffs and debuffs if appropriate, but it seemed limited to just two abilities. From Nemo, I liked that it tracked some combat events that are useful for making decisions about what abilities to use, like application of Flame Shocks.
With those features in mind, I built Hekili (Hawaiian for Thunder, and, conveniently, my Shaman's name).
- OmniCC, to show cooldown text if you prefer it.
- Masque, to choose custom skins for the action icons shown.
- Two visual priority queues, one for single-target and one for multiple targets. Each queue can be independently configured to show 1 - 5 abilities. The primary buttons are independently resizable and the queue buttons are sized and spaced according to your settings. You can adjust the direction of each queue (left-to-right or right-to-left). Each queue is independently skinnable with Masque/LBF, so you can make them visually distinct if needed. You can turn one queue off if desired.
- The number of active targets is determined by tracking how many targets you have recently damaged. If you have multiple active targets, the primary ability in your AE rotation will be highlighted (can be customized). If you want to see only one priority queue, you can set the AOE priority to integrate into the single-target display when multiple targets are detected.
- The priority queues are very closely based on top theorycrafting sites. The Enhancement module is very closely based upon the SimulationCraft profile. The Elemental module was initially based off of the SimulationCraft profile, but has been rewritten to follow the Elemental guide from TotemSpot. You can review and provide feedback on the priority lists here.
- Each recommendation made by this addon is based upon what will happen after using the previous recommendation. If you're told to cast Flame Shock, the next recommended ability will assume you've applied Flame Shock. The addon also simulates basic combat events, so if the addon is predicting what ability to use in 3 seconds and Flame Shock wears off in 2 seconds, this will be factored into its recommendation.
- Filters! You can show or hide cooldowns and hardcasts with a hotkey. Many cooldown categories are available on the Filters tab. You can filter out abilities by name if you do not want them to appear.
- Trackers have been added. You can now monitor your buffs/debuffs/cooldowns/totems without using an additional addon. See the "UI" section for more information.
- Memory usage is stable (no leaking!) and CPU usage is moderate, comparable to addons like TellMeWhen. Efforts will be made to improve both memory and processor efficiency. If you're running on older hardware, you can set the "Updates Per Second" to a lower number and the addon will run as little as 40% as often, without causing display lag.
- OmniCC compatible if you want to see cooldown timers on each icon. Additionally, the greentext in the upper right shows its own "time to use" which may be different from the ability's actual cooldown. The text at the bottom is intended to give some indication why an ability is recommended. These will be hide-able in a future version.
Key Faults (why not?)
- Unpredictable events remain unpredictable. Maelstrom Weapon stacks are not projected. Tier 16 4pc causes Lava Lash resets which can't be predicted, but can only be responded to. These unpredictable events are not missed by the addon, but they will cause those abilities to 'jump' to their position in the queue. All recommendations are re-evaluated 10x/second unless changed by the user.
- Cannot edit the priority queues from in-game.
- In-game modules are limited to Enhancement and Elemental at this time.
- No 'help the healers' mode to recommend popping Healing Stream/etc. when no other abilities are available at this time.
Help, It's Broken!
- "I logged in and it doesn't show anything!" Check to see that you are in a supported specialization and that you have selected the appropriate module for your class/spec. If you log-in as Restoration, the addon turns off your active module. This will be adjusted in a future beta.
- "I logged in but the addon doesn't look like the picture!" Please use the suggested addons to style your display. Make it better!
- "I logged in and all my settings are gone!" This should happen ONCE after upgrading to r26 or higher, as your settings will be out of date. r26 stores your settings on a profile rather than by character, so that you can have separate profiles for each talent specialization.
- "The addon gave me an error!" Please copy and paste the error into a ticket on CurseForge. I am actively maintaining this addon and I use it myself on a daily basis. When problems are identified they will be addressed as quickly as is reasonable.
If you use a priority helper, you may want to check this one out and see if you find it helpful. I have been using the addon in normal and heroic raiding without issue. However, with more testers I expect to discover some more bugs. With that in mind, there is no warranty if it breaks while you're soloing Heroic Garrosh. Please drink responsibly. If you find a bug, please report it via the CurseForge ticket interface! Or make a recommendation/feature request there. Whatever works!
- Date created
- Nov 19, 2013
- Last update
- Jul 07, 2014
- Development stage
- MIT License
- Curse link
- Recent files