FutureHi guys, I'm working on getting a 1.12 maintenance release out. After that I want to do a refactor and redesign, which will lead to Learning Aid 2.0. This is what I'd like to put in the new versions.
1.12: Make sure everything that's still in works correctly
- Learning new spells when leveling up.
- Suppressing chat spam when swapping specs.
- Searching for missing spells.
- Putting unlearned and then relearned talent-based spells back where they were.
- Putting lost and regained guild perk spells back where they were. This is currently disabled because it was causing problems.
- Newly learned pet and mount detection, which was always kind of broken, got completely broken when the Pet Journal replaced the old moldy Pet and Mount UI. I'm strongly inclined to just remove it.
2.0 and beyond: New, shiny features
- LDB plugin.
- Integration with the base UI's level-up display.
- Filtering of level-up messages.
- Finer-grained control of automatic placement of newly learned spells on action bars, from turning it off to controlling when and where it happens.
- Highlighting options for the spellbook, such as making missing spells stand out in some way.
PurposeLearning Aid is for all those times when you've just leveled up, retalented, or learned a new trade skill and you've had to page through your spellbook looking for all those new icons. When you learn a new ability or tradeskill, Learning Aid pops up a window with the new ability icon in it, ready to be dragged to your Action Bar.
- Learn a new ability!
- Drag it to your action bar!
- Click the close box to dismiss the window!
You can also shift-click an ability button to create a chat link, just like from the spellbook.
Learning Aid also filters the annoying yellow chat spam you get when swapping talent specs, resetting your talents or learning several talents at once.
OptionsRight-click on the window's title to lock the window so it does not move. Learning Aid has a configuration panel in the Interface Options window.
CompatibilityLearning Aid is not compatible with WoW 5.4.2 yet, I am working on updating it. I apologize for the year-long delay.
Fixed the stack overflow bug.
Compatible with WoW 4.1.0, improvements to the ignore list,
fixed the guild perk issue.
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2008
- Last update
- Jan 20, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Learning Aid
- Recent files