Library to provide information about resurrections cast in your group.
LibResInfo-1.0 detects resurrection spells being cast by group members, and identifies who they are being cast on. Information is provided to addons through callbacks and API functions.
LibResInfo-1.0 supports all player resurrection spells, plus Mass Resurrection. It is fully embeddable, completely locale-independent, and does not require any other players in your group to have anything installed. It requires LibStub and CallbackHandler-1.0. It was written as a replacement for LibResComm-1.0, and converting addons from LRC to LRI is fairly simple. If you need help, post in the forum thread linked below.
Please direct all bug reports, suggestions, questions, and comments to the WoWInterface forum thread.
Click the link to view in your browser over HTTP, or copy the link text for your SVN client, svn:externals, or Curse .pkgmeta files.
Addons Using LibResInfo
If you know of an addon that should be listed here, please post in the forum thread.
No self-resurrect support yet. Support for pre-cast Soulstone is planned. Support for Reincarnation is under consideration, but requires some guesswork, since until you actually see a shaman resurrect themselves, there's no way to tell if the ability is on cooldown or not.
No callbacks for players who die or resurrect during Mass Resurrection casts. Even though these players will be resurrected if they are still dead when Mass Resurrection finishes casting, no ResCastStarted callback will be fired for them. Likewise, if a player resurrects though some other means while Mass Resurrection is still casting, no ResCastCancelled callback will be fired for them in relation to the Mass Resurrection cast. The API functions will return correct information in both cases, however, so if it's important for your addon, just check the player's resurrection status when they die or become alive. Also, callbacks for other resurrection spellcasts on such players will still fire normally.
Due to limitations of the WoW API, it is not possible to detect:
- ...when someone declines a resurrection manually by clicking "Decline" on the dialog box.
- ...when someone has a wait time before they accept a resurrection. In this case, the 60-second expiration time will be extended by the amount of time they are forced to wait, but the ResExpired callback will be fired at the 60-second mark since there's no way for LRI to know about the wait time.
- ...who a player who joins the group while casting a resurrection spell is targeting.
- ...whether a player who joins the group while dead has a resurrection being cast on them.
- ...whether a player who joins the group while dead has a resurrection already available.
- Date created
- Aug 22, 2012
- Last update
- Dec 17, 2014
- Development stage
- Phanx's Library License
- Curse link
- Recent files