Starting with the Loremaster release for 5.4, Loremaster will require the use of the Grail addon to provide quest data. The interface and functionality will remain basically the same, but because quest information will be taken from Grail, the goal is to provide more up-to-date information for Loremaster. Please create a ticket if you find problems with the quest information. If there are interface problems, or functionality problems with Loremaster please comment here.
Loremaster helps you locate any quests you are missing from any Loremaster achievement. The database contains over 5,600 quests extracted from Wowhead but excludes any that do not count towards a Loremaster achievement. Please note this addon is intended to be used after you have finished questing through the usual methods and are looking for quests to complete the achievement. If you try to use it an area you haven't quested in before, it will get very confusing, very quickly.
Loremaster also includes an option to display the locations of questgivers for incomplete quests on the main game map.
Please note: Loremaster does not know if you have completed any prerequisite breadcrumb trails or achieved any required faction levels, that's up to you to determine with the help of the information that Loremaster presents to you.
Loremaster is a standalone addon, but is much more effective when used with excellent TomTom and LightHeaded addons which Loremaster will interact with.
- You can get TomTom from here: wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/tomtom.aspx
- You can get Lightheaded from here: www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7017-LightHeaded.html
If LightHeaded is not installed, Loremaster will generate a link for the selected quest that you can paste into your web browser to take you straight to the relevant page on Wowhead.
Loremaster can be displayed using one of three methods
- Open your Quest Log and click the Loremaster button at the bottom
- Click the Data Broker button if you have a data broker addon installed (see below)
- Type /lm or /lm show
Quests are colour coded as follows:
- The quest begins a series
- <White> The quest is a standalone quest
- The quest begins with an item drop
- The quest is part of a series
Bug Reports / Change Requests
If you find any bugs, any quest information that is incorrect (wrong zone, doesn't count for Loremaster, quest missing etc), or have any new feature requests, please use this link to report them:
Loremaster includes Data Broker support. This provides one click access to the interface and right click access to a drop down menu.
Loremaster supports /lm or /loremaster
- /lm or /lm show - Display the Loremaster interface
- /lm hide - Hide the Loremaster interface
- /lm reset - Reset and rebuild Loremaster's available quest list
Loremaster is currently localised for enUS, ruRU, frFR and deDE. If you would like to contribute to translating Loremaster, please use the following link:
Please note that the quest names and NPC names are not included in the locale and will still appear in English.
- Logical/Martin for help with bugs and data collection
- StingerSoft/KVVV for the Russian translation
- Rylanor for the French translation
- Eerazor for the German translation
- Iollan for quest corrections and testing
- Date created
- Feb 05, 2011
- Last update
- Sep 17, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files