What is Mage Fever?
Mage Fever is a proc and buff notification addon for mages. It was designed to be simple, light on memory, completely stand alone, and easy to use. Developed by a mage for a mage, it is specifically tailored to help make the most of a mage's damage output and manage their spell rotation. New ideas are continually being submitted by many users resulting in an addon that is extremely flexible and fit for any mage. Mage Fever is designed to visually stand out when needed yet invisible when not. This is accomplished through uniquely colored notification frames with background timers which can be placed anywhere on the screen.
How will I benefit from Mage Fever?
Being a high end raiding mage or dedicated pvp mage, Mage Fever keeps you on top of your game. Decisions in your spell rotation will be much easier to make with all mage procs being much easier to see. Scorch and Living Bomb debuffs are tracked with timers so you will be able to constantly keep that debuff on your target. You will know whether to cast one more fireball or refresh the living bomb. You will know when your are guaranteed a critical strike due to Fingers of Frost or a free fireball from Brain Freeze.
What does Mage Fever track?
Currently, Mage Fever tracks the following buffs, debuffs, and procs:
- Fingers of Frost
- Brain Freeze
- Missile Barrage
- Clear Casting
- Arcane Blast
- Torment the Weak
- Mirror Image
- Hot Streak
- Fire Starter
- Living Bomb
- Fiery Payback
- Tier 10 2 piece set bonus
- Spellsteal monitor
How do I use the Living Bomb tracker
1) Select the target and click the "Add" button to add them as a castable tracking frame. Doing this will allow you to click the status bar and recast Living Bomb on the target. It will automatically target the tracked NPC and recast. This method must be done before entering combat to allow for casting from the status bar (secure frame). The target must have a unique name to work correctly. If there are multiple targets in the area with the same name, Living bomb will be cast on the nearest one.
2) Simply cast living bomb on a target that is not being tracked and you will see the tracking bar added, showing the time until the bomb explodes. Once the bomb explodes the frame is automatically removed. This can be done while in combat because it does not require a secure frame due to the fact that there is no spell cast script.
How do I use and configure Mage Fever?
Set up and usage is very simple. Mage Fever is designed to be ready to go once installed. The only thing that needs to be done is to select the desired spells to track. The best way to configure Mage Fever is via the Options Panel, which can be accessed through the command "/mfever options".
- /mfever> - Options panel
- /mfever classic on|off - toggle classic mode
- /mfever fm - post Focus Magic rotation to raid
- /mfever reset procs - reset procs and restore originals
- /mfever reset ttw - reset ttw trigger spells and restore originals
- Right click and drag to move frames.
- 1 comment
- Date created
- Oct 21, 2008
- Last update
- Mar 13, 2012
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Mage Fever
- Recent files