MogIt

Forum > General

DataStore void storage support

• 10 posts
    #1 Apr 23, 2013 at 23:08 UTC - 0 likes

Version 3.1.3 adds support for DataStore_Containers to enable MogIt to check your void storage for items that you own.

This requires that you install the following addons:
    DataStore
    DataStore_Containers

Make sure you get the alpha versions, as the release versions are heavily outdated.
    Once installed, you will need to open your void storage once to allow DataStore to register its contents. After that you're good to go.

If you are using the Altoholic addon you'll probably have these addons installed already.

#2 Jun 03, 2013 at 22:11 UTC - 0 likes

Does this need to be enabled somewhere? I have DataStore (r40) and DataStore_Containers (r37) installed with MogIt version 3.1.3, once I place items in Void Storage they no longer show as owned on my wishlist. This is a great addition to great addon, I hope I'm just doing it wrong! :)

Last edited Jun 03, 2013 by Kasell
    #3 Jun 04, 2013 at 13:33 UTC - 0 likes

Try doing this to see if DataStore is properly loaded:

/dump DataStore_Containers

If it doesn't print "empty result" you should be good to go. Try opening the void storage again to store the items. Otherwise, make sure both DataStore addons are enabled in the addon list.

#4 Jun 04, 2013 at 16:18 UTC - 0 likes

This command displayed a rather large output, but I was not sure that it was grabbing the items in void storage. So installed Altoholic to verify that all datastore_containers was getting all the items, and it is! So within Altoholic I do see all my void storage items, however MogIt still shows those items as unowned.

#5 Jun 06, 2013 at 09:48 UTC - 0 likes

Seems to work for me. Where exactly are you missing the tick? And for which item? Can you post a screenshot perhaps?

#6 Jun 19, 2013 at 03:50 UTC - 0 likes

Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back to you here, I am missing the tick on the tooltips in the wishlist. This is what I my whishlist looks like with these items in my inventory. Items in Inventory

#7 Jun 19, 2013 at 03:52 UTC - 0 likes

This is what I get with the items in void storage. the shirt is equipped and not in storage and the spear is .. missing and not included in either screenshot.

items in void storage

Unless i've completely misunderstood, installing the datastore and datastore_containers should allow mogit to "know" that i still have these items.

Last edited Jun 20, 2013 by Kasell
    #8 Jun 21, 2013 at 12:58 UTC - 0 likes

Yes, that is correct.

That is weird. So, at the same time as you can see the items missing in MogIt, you can see them being in your void storage using Altoholic?

Can you try some more things? Using the Vest of Flowing Water, put it in your void storage and run these commands. Maybe take a screenshot of the results.

/dump DataStore:GetCharacter(), MogIt:HasItem(55907)
    /dump DataStore:GetContainerItemCount(DataStore:GetCharacter(), 55907)

If you don't want to reveal your character for some reason, just verify that the first output is "Name.Realm.Account". (not sure what Account is meant to be as addons can't retreive your account name or anything)

#9 Jun 22, 2013 at 01:14 UTC - 0 likes

"/dump DataStore:GetCharacter(), MogIt:HasItem(55907)"

Dump: value=DataStore:GetCharacter(), MogIt:HasItem(55907) [1]="Default.Twisting Nether.Erlian", [2]=false

"/dump DataStore:GetContainerItemCount(DataStore:GetCharacter(), 55907)"

Dump: value=DataStore:GetContainerItemCount(DataStore:GetCharacter(), 55907) [1]=0, [2]=0, [3]=1

Last edited Jun 22, 2013 by Kasell
    #10 Jun 22, 2013 at 10:02 UTC - 0 likes

Wow, ok. Turns out I don't have the latest version of DataStore_Containers, haha. And it's not even listed in my Curse Client (whereas the other DataStore stuff is), why I've missed it. Looks like I had a modified version even... thanks for bringing this to my attention, and expect a fix soon. :P

• 10 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!