MoveAnything enables you to move, scale, hide and adjust transparency of just about any screen element in WoW, offering tools to help you customize your UI. Some other frame modifications are also possible using MA's Frame Editors (Introduced in 11.b2), including framestrata, frame grouping and more.
Type /move to show the main window or click the button below the game menu. This main window contains a list of Blizzard's frames (any element not in the list can be added to the Custom Frames category by either /move frameName, /mafe frameName, /hide frameName or one of the move/mafe/hide keybindings).
Currently maintained by Resike. Many thanks to Alea of Гордунни EU who maintained it since the launch of MoP. Special thanks to Wagthaa of Earthen Ring EU who was the developer since the pre-WotLK patch. Kudos to Skrag (Original author), Jason (Vanilla) & Vincent (TBC) for earlier versions.
- Raid Boss Alternative Bar - mover for player/boss addition indicator (like The Stone Guard progress bar)
Report bugs here - Include the LUA error message if applicable!
If the problem is with a certain frame, always try to reset the frame and reload before modifying it again. If the problem persists please report it at the above link.
Make sure you are running the latest version! You would be surprised how much time is wasted by reports of issues that are already resolved.
The LUA error message should be from an addon such as Swatter(a part of Auctioneer) or BugSack if at all possible. If the issue you are reporting is the result of a LUA error and you don't include this you might as well not bother posting.
If you feel like being helpful include your MA profile as an exported textstring in the report.
Any comment on Curse or forum post on WoWInterface containing a full error report will be deleted, as one of those quickly takes up more than half a page.
- All screenshots was taken with a customized button skin loaded. Buttons will appear as other buttons in your WoW.
Quick Reference for MoveAnything
- Move - toggles a mover for the frame
- Hide - toggles hiding of the frame
- Reset - undoes MA's changes to frame and removes frame from list if custom
- MF - Modified Frames - toggles whether to only show modified frames in the list
- CE - Collapse/Expand - collapses/expands all categories
- FS - Frame Stack - toggles Blizzard's Frame Stack tooltip
- M - Movers - toggles all movers. Shift click clears the list
- FE - Frame Editors - toggles visibility on all open frame editors. Shift click clears the list, closing all frame editors
- S - Sync - synchronizes all frames modified by MoveAnything
- O - Options - opens options
- X - Close - closes the MA window. Ctrl-Alt-Shift click reloads ui
Interacting with the movers:
- Left-Drag - moves frame
- Left-Drag the small buttons - scales frame
- Right-Click - stops moving frame
- Shift Right-Click - toggles visibility of the mover, while still allowing modifications to the frame
- Mousewheel - adjusts alpha blend
- Control-Click - opens a frame editor
- Toggle MA window - toggles MoveAnything's main window
- Move frame - Safe - toggles moving of the first found parent frame, from MA's default list or a top level frame if possible
- Edit frame - Safe - toggles a frame editor for the frame, picking a modified, a default or a top level frame in that order
- Hide frame - Safe - hides frame at cursor, from MA's default list or a top level frame if possible
- Reset frame - Safe - resets frame at cursor, from MA's default list or a top level frame if possible
- Move frame - Exact - toggles moving of the exact frame at cursor
- Edit frame - Exact - toggles a frame editor for the exact frame at cursor
- Hide frame - Exact - hides the exact frame at cursor
- Reset frame - Exact - resets the exact frame at cursor
- Update frames - updates all frames influenced by MA
- /move - toggles MA window
- /move frameName - toggles moving of frame named "frameName"
- /hide frameName - toggles visibility of frame named "frameName"
- /mafe frameName - toggles a frame editor for frame named "frameName"
- /unmove frameName - resets frame named "frameName"
- /movelist - lists profiles
- /moveimport profileName - import settings from profile into the current profile
- /moveexport profileName - exports settings into named profile
- /movedelete profileName - deletes named profile
/move, /mafe, /unmove and /hide accepts several shorthands: last, minimap, buffs, debuffs, player, target, targetoftarget, focus & pet.
Tips: - Work in progress
- Quickest way to modify a frame - Go into Keybindings, scroll down to MoveAnything and bind a key to "Move Frame - Safe". They key you bound now toggles a mover on the topmost frame underneath your mouse cursor.
- Easiest way to reset a frame - Bind a key to "Reset Frame - Safe" as described above and press it while hovering your mouse cursor above the element you want to reset. Check the chatframe to verify it's the right frame before clicking the key again to confirm.
- Moved something by mistake - Type /unmove last and it will reset the last frame you interacted with.
- Figuring out frame names for use with /move, /hide, /mafe and /unmove - Use the "FS" checkbox to show Blizzard's Frame Stack tooltip. This tooltip displays a list of frames currently underneath your mouse cursor, divided by what screen layer they are in(aka framestrata).
- Frames jumping when switching graphics from windowed to windowed-maximized mode have been reported.
- Date created
- Oct 24, 2008
- Last update
- Jul 23, 2016
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files