This addon will mute the annoying sounds of WoW. This addon is not a standard addon, please see installation instructions below.
v3.8 mutes 3825 sounds.
Requests & Questions:.
If you'd like to make a request or ask a question please create a ticket here.
Include as much detail as possible and be specific. If it's a class spell sound, try find a video where the sound can be heard, include the time in your post.
If you are requesting a creature or mount please include its name.
Please do not post requests/questions in the comment section as it will be ignored!
Basic List: Please note this isn't a complete list, it's a small sample to give an idea of whats been muted.
- Players: All race combat grunts as well as emote sounds like train and worgen sniffs. All footsteps.
- Classes: Select sounds like Path of Frost, Fan of Knives, mage armors & portals, hunter pet calls, shaman shields and spell cast fizzles.
- Mechanical Mounts: Choppers, Flying Machines, Goblin Trikes, Mechastriders and Rockets.
- Biological Mounts: Summon roars, mount special, idle and footstep sounds for most mounts. Dismount sound also included.
- Battle Pets: Idle sounds like Lil'XT, Lil'Ragnaros, Singing Sunflower and Thor.
- Hunter/Mage/Warlock Pets: Creature combat sounds, footsteps, flying and idle sounds. Mage elemental loops also included.
- Voice Acting: World bosses, Rhonin & Kalecgos city speech and Headless Horseman speech.
- Toys: Piccolo of the Flaming Fire, Train Sets and Brewfest Mole Machine.
- Daily Hubs: Isle of Thunder, Isle of Quel'Danas and Tol'Barad.
- Misc: City clock sounds, ethereal vendor hubs, waterfalls, rivers, beaches, fires and fireworks.
- Battlegrounds: Victory/Defeat, Alert and Herald sounds.
- Instances: Select boss speech and combat sounds, loops sounds like the beating heart from SoO. All instance portals.
- Creatures: Kovok, Elemental loops and deaths.
- Tradeskills: Alchemy, Leatherworking, Engineering, Blacksmithing, Tailoring and Jewelcrafting sounds.
Extract the "Sound" folder to your World of Warcraft>Data folder.
To uninstall simply delete the Sound folder.
To unmute specific sounds, delete both the .ogg & .wav versions of the files, if you have trouble finding a specific sound, create a ticket and I'll help you find it.
Beta Client Installation:
If you'd like to install this on the beta client you need to extract the Sound folder to the World of Warcraft directory.
On the live client you need to place it in World of Warcraft > Data folder.
On the beta client you need to place it in the World of Watcraft folder.
There are .ogg and .wav versions of each sound as some sounds can only be muted by one type, since there is no way to know which one without going in game and testing each sound I have simply included both regardless.