A very simple Notepad addon with an intuitive UI
- You can store as many individual notes as you want in this notepad
- Your notes are available to all of your characters!
- You can resize / change scale / change transparency / move the notes window to fit with your UI
- You can choose the font and fontsize (6 fonts included)
- You can colorize your text to highlight important notes
- Undo your changes with Ctrl+Z / Redo them with Ctrl+Y
- Full Link Support ( Achievements, Items, Players, .etc )
- Advanced Search, supporting Regular Expressions
- Run a note as Lua code!
- Share notes with other players! (The other player MUST have Simply Notes 1.3.10 or greater!)
Changes worth noting...
- 1.3.10 - Share your Notes with other players! - Each note received is marked as 'Pending', this list is viewable by typing /notes comm, or by clicking the 'Chat' icon in the main window. You can accept/reject, or reject and block the sending player.
- 1.3.3 - Run your note(s) as Lua code! - Right click your note text, click "Run note as Lua code..."
- 1.3.3 - Added Menu to Right Click of Note text, insert things right into your note at your cursor, like: Date/Time(Ctrl+D), Character/Realm Name, Zone/Instance Name, Entire Raid/Party Roster, Friends/Ignore list
- 1.3.3 - Greatly enhanced the Undo feature! - Ctrl+Z - The undo feature now compresses it's self instead of being truncated allowing you to reach further back into history and undo even more changes with no additional expense to memory!
- 1.3.0 - Added an advanced Search - Ctrl+F, or click search icon
- 1.2.13 - Added Menu to Right Click of MiniMap Icon, LDB Launcher Icon, and Simply Notes Title Bar(Toggle MiniMap Icon, Font, Scale / Alpha)
- 1.2.11 - Incorporated LDB
, and LDBIcon;
- 1.2.8 - Added KeyBindings for Toggling/New Note/Next/Prev/Lock, under header "Simply Notes" in the Game Menu(ESC) > Keybindings
- 1.2.7 - While selecting Text you can move your mouse cursor passed the Top or Bottom of the window to scroll the notes text in that direction to select text initially out of view!
- 1.2.2 - Added Undo and Redo behavior while Simply Notes has edit focus, press Ctrl+Z to undo and Ctrl+Y to redo
- 1.2.1 - Full Link Support
Insert Menu AddOns
Technical details here: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/notes-simple/pages/insert-menu-addons/
More details here: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/notes-simple/pages/search-feature/
Run a note as Lua code
The color coding, and any link data will be stripped from your code so you can make it as pretty as you want, and yes, of course all control characters( "|" ) in your note will be unescaped before your text is compiled so writing "print("|cff00ff00 GREEN TEXT|r");" will actually print green text, whereas if you were to type the same code into say the Chatframe Editbox "/script print("|cff00ff00 GREEN TEXT|r");" your "|" would be escaped and would literally print "|cff00ff00 GREEN TEXT|r" into the chat frame.
Type in the players name, or click the '...' button to select from your Friends List. Click 'Send Note' to send the current note; When a player sends YOU a note, you'll be alerted either with a dialog, or if you're in combat a message in your Chat Frame; To add the Note to your Notes Collection click 'accept', otherwise click 'reject' to remove this note from the list. Alliteratively, you can reject the note AND block this player from sending you notes in the future by clicking 'Block player'!
Copy Mail to SimplyNotes (including Auction House invoices)
The Open Mail frame has a small Simply Notes icon in the upper top right of the reading frame; Left clicking appends to your current note while Right Clicking will create a new note
Copy Chat messages to Simply Notes
Right clicking on a players name in the chat frame will give you an option to Copy THAT Chat message directly to Simply Notes preserving color coding, textures, and links.
Type /notes for help
Insert Menu addons: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/notes-simple/pages/insert-menu-addons/
- Date created
- May 17, 2012
- Last update
- Sep 16, 2012
- Development stage
- GNU Lesser General Public License version 3 (LGPLv3)
- Recent files