What it does
Obituary announces deaths, whodunnit, and how.
By default it will only report deaths of players in your raid or party, but can optionally report on mob deaths too.
- Player names are displayed in the correct colour for their class, and the damage done by the killing blow is also reported.
- If available, a link to the spell/skill that dealt the killing blow is displayed.
- Reports can be sent to your chat window (default), a channel of your choosing, or other addons such as MSBT.
It was inspired by Al'ar's flame patches, but has provided much in the way of entertainment and education since then. :)
By default, Obituary will tell you when a party or raid member dies, what killed them, and how hard. You can change this behaviour in the Obituary page in the AddOns tab of your Interface Settings window.
- You can switch it off by clearing the Enable check box.
- You can enable/disable display of mob deaths with the Mobs check box.
- You can choose a different output method by selecting one from the list.
- If your chosen output method (e.g. a channel such as Raid or Say) doesn't support spell links you can switch them off by clearing the "Spell Links" check box.
- Enables/disables the messages.
- Enables/disables display of mob deaths.
- Enables/disables display of spell links (to avoid errors when outputting to a channel that doesn't allow them).
You may also use
/obituary for slash commands.
- 9 comments
- Date created
- Aug 21, 2008
- Last update
- Sep 06, 2012
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files