Ovale Spell Priority is a rotation-helper addon that shows you what spell or ability you should use in order to maximize your damage.
It displays one or more icons that show the cooldown of an action. The action is conditionally defined through a user-defined script, e.g. you may display either Corruption if the DoT is not on your target or Shadow Bolt if the Corruption DoT is already on your target.
The current release of Ovale provides default scripts for the following classes for Warlords of Draenor:
- Death Knight: Blood, Frost, Unholy
- Druid: Feral, Guardian, Restoration (Balance is NOT currently supported)
- Hunter: Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, Survival
- Mage: Arcane, Fire, Frost
- Monk: Brewmaster, Windwalker
- Paladin: Protection, Retribution
- Priest: Shadow
- Rogue: Assassination, Combat, Subtlety
- Shaman: Elemental, Enhancement, Restoration
- Warlock: Affliction, Demonology, Destruction
- Warrior: Arms, Fury, Protection
- Tracks DoTs, buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, combo points, runes, mana -- everything that a player would need to decide what to do.
- Adapts to your talent points and glyphs.
- 100% configurable: everything is in an easy-to-understand script that you can modify and test in real-time without reloading your UI.
- Compatible with the action icon skinning library Masque.
- Use SpellFlashCore to flash abilities on action bars in addition, or as an alternative, to displaying the ability icons.
Why does it not work for me?
Try to reset your Profile in the Ovale settings.
Why is the key binding displayed for an action wrong?
You may be running an action bar addon, e.g., Bartender4, etc., that does not use the Blizzard action bar frames.
Why is the icon sometimes red?
The cooldown that is displayed in an icon is not always the true action cooldown. If this cooldown is longer than the action cooldown, then the icon is red. In most cases, it means that if you use this action too soon, then you will overwrite or clip a DoT, which may not be what you want.
Why can't I click on the icon to cast the spell?
Blizzard does not allow this. Only a predefined sequence of spells can be bound to an action icon and this sequence can not change in combat.
How do I make the spells flash on the action bar?
On my low-level character, there is nothing at all.
You need to reach level 10 and choose a specialization. However, be aware that the default Ovale scripts are tuned for max-level characters and you may be missing key abilities at low levels that are assumed to exist. If the default script is not working for you, you will need to find or write a script more appopriate for your character's level.
- Date created
- Aug 17, 2008
- Last update
- Nov 20, 2014
- Development stage
- MIT License
- Curse link
- Ovale Spell Priority
- Recent files