PetsPlus Beta v1.03
PetsPlus makes your non-combat follow pets / companions more interactive by adding a happiness indicator and reputation to each pet in your collection! Those cute companions are one of the coolest features of WoW, and now that pets are available for purchase in the Blizzard store, why not get more out of them!? Create new levels of relationships with your pets as they respond to emotes and some of your actions. Emote responses for each pet can be customized through in game training. This mod is a must have for non-combat follow pet collectors and role players.
I would like to thank warcraftpets.com for their support and being a vital part to my AddOn development process.
Blizzard has a total of 238 unique standard emotes. For a list see the official site at Character Emotes
Exciting Things To Try
- Lil' K.T. is the first pet to have what I consider is his completed personality! If you are lucky enough to own one, try it out!
- Pets have joined the American Idol band wagon! /sing them and see if they are one of the 20 specific pets with a special favorite song of their own to sing for you! (Lyrics emote responses only, no songs due to copyright issues) My favorite is the Argent Squire! See if you can figure out the songs by the lyrics!
- Happiness Level that can be raised or lowered
- Reputation that is saved between sessions
- All pets can respond to emotes and actions, including Pet Biscuits from the TCG and Dalaran Pet Toys like the Fetch Ball
- Pets emote responses are customizable through training and supports every standard emote from Blizzard. Even if the pet doesn't have a response by default, you can make your own.
- Pets can be summoned or dismissed using custom emotes
- Pets can be given nicknames
- Two graphical interface choices to choose from.
- Pets will emote respond to other player's if they have PetsPlus
- Simple left click pet summons.
Two graphic interface options
The graphic user interface can be toggled, using the collapse and expand buttons, between a large version and a much smaller version that's similar looking to DBM timers. For the larger version, Ol' Bulky, right-clicking on the icon will toggle the happiness indicator icon size. For the compact version, right-clicking on the frame will hide it like DBM timers.
Summon Pets Randomly and Conveniently
Left-click the pet icon on the left side of either interface to summon a random pet. If you created custom emote summons, left-clicking will randomly choose from those summons only. This gives you some control of which pets will be summoned. More control will be added later.
/pem - fills out you pets name and nickname, if applicable, for /emote to make roleplaying easier.
How To's and Examples
A standard emote is one provided by Blizzard of the format "/<emote>". Examples: /love, /laugh, /wave A custom emote is one created with "/emote <text>". Custom emotes may be referred to as "/emote" from here on.
Custom Emote Training
- Start a training session by using "/petsplus train" with a pet out and making sure PetsPlus detects the pet. You should see an icon of the pet on the graphic interface and not a question mark. If your graphic interface is not visible, use "/petsplus show".
- Use the Blizzard standard emote you would like to customize with your pet targeted. For example, /wave and /pet are Blizzard standard emotes. Make sure your pet is targeted and not someone else's. This mod emphasizes interactivity with your pet and it does not know you are teaching it if you look elsewhere.
- Show the pet what you would like it to do in response with a "/emote <response>".
- Repeat the "/emote <response>" to make sure it sinks in and the pet remembers! Or do something else to cancel the training.
Training sessions have a 2 minute time out. Note that the AddOn will fill in the name and nickname, if applicable, for you in the format "[Owner] 's [Pet Name], [Nickname], <response>" You won't get the extra commas if the nickname isn't present.
Example: Alunora summons Lil' K.T. randomly by left-clicking the pet icon on PetsPlus. Lil. K.T. is nicknamed Bob from Accounting.
/petsplus train /target Lil' K.T. /love /emote loves PetsPlus. /emote loves PetsPlus.
Lil' K.T. learned a custom emote response!
Alunora loves Lil' K.T..
Alunora 's Lil' K.T., Bob from Accounting, loves PetsPlus.
Summon/Dismiss training is similar, but you do not need to do Step 2.
- Try /taunt and /cry on Lil' K.T. and compare that to the responses on a different pet.
- Dismiss your pet with /bye or if you want to be mean, try /shoo
Do "/petsplus" in game to see the directory for all commands.
- /petsplus help pets - slash commands related to pet interaction
- /petsplus help data - slash commands related to data management
- /petsplus help options - slash commands for AddOn options and settings
- /petsplus disable
- /petsplus enable
- /petsplus show
- /petsplus status - Shows a text version of happiness and reputation status.
- /petsplus train - Starts a training session for custom emote responses.
- /petsplus train summon - Starts a training session for a custom summon emote command for the current pet. Each custom summon or dismiss emote must be unique. In other words, trying to use the same emote to summon different pets will just override the previous entry.
- /petsplus train dismiss - Starts a training session for a custom dismiss emote command for the current pet.
- /petsplus name <Nickname> - Gives the current pet a nickname.
- /petsplus transfer copy - Copies current characters custom emote responses.
- /petsplus transfer paste - Pastes the copied custom emote responses and clears the temporary one after completion. Warning; overrides existing entries.
- /petsplus transfer cancel - Clears the temporary copied custom emote response.
PetsPlus is in its beta version. Main functionality is complete, however the database of emote responses is not even close to being done! I would like to have certain pets to have unique responses and personalities portrayed through their emote responses. This database will be updated in future versions. Don't let that stop you from trying it out and creating your own custom responses!
There are no current plans for localizations in other languages. If you are interested in helping, feel free to contact me and we can discuss difficulties that I know will need to be overcome.
Please leave your suggestions and comments!
- More emote responses in the database.
- PetsPlus Manager - a load on demand AddOn to edit options and see custom emote responses as well as edit and delete them.
- Periodic responses based on environment and situation.
Known Issues and Quirks
- If you have a mod that modifies tooltips, this mod will not work. A fix is being implemented. If you mouse over a pet and it is not of the format "<Pet name> [New line] <Owner>'s Companion" emote responses and training will fail.
- Patch 3.3.3 added a "Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot" which is stored by Blizzard as "Clockwork Rocket Bot" and conflicts if you have the holiday "Clockwork Rocket Bot." Having both is supported by the AddOn, but note that the blue one is referred to as "Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot" to differentiate.
- In heavily populated areas and under low performance conditions, you may encounter an error you summon a pet and PetsPlus believes that it was dismissed right away. To make it more apparent if PetsPlus detects your pet, alerts have been added to send chat messages on pet summons and dismissals. You can disable these with "/petsplus alerts"
Changes In v1.02
- New feature: Ability to summon random pet by left clicking icon on either compact or Ol' Bulky interfaces.
- New feature: Visual reputation bar on both interfaces.
- New feature: More emote responses.
- New feature: Emote responses can play sounds, not yet customizable.
- Bug Fix: Other PetPlus players can no longer make your pet do actions.
- Bug Fix: Other PetPlus players can interact with your pet without needing a pet out themselves.
- Bug Fix: Clockwork Rocket Bot and Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot should now be detected even if the normal one comes before the blue one on your list.
- Bug Fix: "/petsplus resetpos" should now work properly.
- Bug Fix: Emote responses for pet's with nickname will be formated as follows: "<Owner name> 's <Pet Name>, <Nickname>, message
- 2 comments
Table of contents
- Date created
- Apr 05, 2010
- Last update
- Apr 24, 2010
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Recent files