Restore gamma in video settings after Alt-Tab between game and windows desktop. On some video cards I have used, the gamma setting in the blizzard options was affected by Alt-Tab and accidentally made the game brighter. To fix this problem, see three workarounds: (1) Go to video options in game and move the slider temporarily to the left and back to restore the gamma. (2) Type a script in the chat window like shown below to restore the gamma. (3) Or run this addon to automatically fix.
The addon executes a script every 2 seconds, which can also be typed in the chat window for testing. The gamma is decreased first to avoid an overflow because safer when rare to find the gamma near zero anyway.
/script SetGamma(GetGamma()-0.1); SetGamma(GetGamma()+0.1)
- There are no commands to run. It works when installed and player enters the game.
- The gamma is checked every 2 seconds in case we Alt-Tab out and back to the game.
- If installed successfully, see a message in the chat window, "GammaFix loaded".
- In Windows XP, extract the ZIP file, to your World of Warcraft interface addons directory, which might look like,
...\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\GammaFix\
- Remove the game folder, .\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\GammaFix\
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ---
Revision 4.0.0 (Oct 06, 10)
- Updated TOC file for patch 4.0.0 (for cata)
- Bug fix, replace 'this' with 'self' and fix parameters passed to functions (for cata)
(see "changes" section in website)
- Date created
- Aug 27, 2006
- Last update
- Jul 23, 2011
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Recent files