SlyProfits adds an extra tab to the Auction House Interface. The tab is designed to show the profits that can be made from various trade skills.
It works out the current buyout price of the tradeskill, the current cost of mats for a stack of the tradeskill and calculates the profit that can be made taking into account the standard AH cut and vendor price for mats such as vials.
Additionally it allows you to view the mats for each trade skill and easily buyout the required number using a slider to control how many of each trade skill you wish to make.
The addon started out as a tool for myself as i was manually scanning the auction house calculating which Flask was most profitable to make with the booming post 3.1 prices. At the time i was making in excess of 5k a week buying/selling Flasks and decided to automate the process so others could do the same. Since then various tradeskills have been added and a way of adding custom recipes has been created.
SlyProfits is now localized and should work in all languages versions. This has not been the case so far. However, not all displayed tags and information has been translated yet. This will be done in future, any help is welcome: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/slyprofits/localization/
The recipes the tool scans for can be extensively controlled. You can configure the recipes by Clicking the button on the AH tab,going to Interface>Add-ons>Slyprofits, or typing /slyprofits recipes. In this configuration window you can easily control what tradeskills are scanned by either selecting to filter by current profession, filter by individual professions or Enabling/Disabiling particular Recipes.
Importing from Professions
You can can easily import from any suppport profession window, all you need to do is click on import in the configure recipes window. It will show a list of the last profession window opened, so if no data has been found or it is not the profession you wish to import you can just open another profession. Note: The addon has not been tested with the unsupported professions so please dont try to import from them
Additionally to importing new tradeskills, is editing existing recipes or create custom recipes. again click on the relevent Edit/New buttons to bring up the window.
- Name - This field represent the name of the item made from craft (case sensitive)
- Profession - This is a dropdown allowing you to select one of the 9 professions.
- Makes Per Craft - This is the quantity that each indivual craft makes,
- Desired Stack Size - This is the amount you want to buy in one go at the auction house, defaults to a low number for imported recipes.
- Mats - This is a list of all the mats for the recipes including vendor mats.
- HasCooldown - It is important to set this if it has a cooldown otherwise it could recommend to use recipe via the nested recipe support.
One of the new features in the version of slyprofits is the advanced mode (appears as checkbox on the ah frame). This contains several advanced calculations that increase the profit to be made.
- The first advanced calculation is Nested Recipe Support, By this i mean any recipe where one of its mats is another enabled recipe in your list e.g. Netherweave Bag and Bolt of Netherweave. It will calculate which is the cheapest price out of Bolt of Netherweave or the mats used to make the bolt. Note: It is Important to set HasCooldown on any recipe that has a cooldown or they will naively be considered in the nested recipe calculation, this is not done by default.
- This has been a much requested calculation to be added. The addon when in advanced mode will automatically deduct from the cost the amount you can resell the any surplus mats.
- A final calculation that has been added is elxir mastery, when in advanced mode it automatically increase to the number of flasks made to the amount that would be procced on average (sorry not elixir masters), This has been modelled from the information i could find on sites like wowhead. This will drastically change the profit on flasks and show a more accurate picture of the profit to be made.
This Feature comes in the form of a checkbox you can change in the mats view. It will use Altoholic information if available and if not use information about the total number of items in the bag. Turning this option on will remove the current amount of items owned from the amounts needed to be purchased.
The addon come with a prebuilt list of vendor mats. Every time you visit a merchant the addon scans the list available purchases to see if any are mats of your current recipes. If they are it will add the item as a vendor mat and store the price, note it remebers the last price so if you visit a vendor with no reputation the mats prices may be higher.
- First Aid
Out of the box recipes
- Flask of Endless Rage
- Flask of Pure Mojo
- Flask of Stoneblood
- Flask of the Frost Wyrm
- Runic Mana Potion
- Runic Healing Potion
- Potion of Speed
- Potion of Wild Magic
- Pygmy Oil
- Netherweave Bag
- Imbued Netherweave Bag
- Bolt of Netherweave
- Bolt of Imbued Netherweave
- Brilliant Spellthread
- Sapphire Spellthread
- Eternal Belt Buckle
- Titanium Weapon Chain
- Titanium Shield Spike
- Titanium Plating
- Earthen Leg Armor
- Frosthide Leg Armor
- Icescale Leg Armor
- Mana Injector Kit
- Fish Feast
- Great Feast
- Firecracker Salmon
- Tender Shoveltusk Steak
- Dragonfin Filet
- Snapper Extreme
- 1x Eternal ???? -> 10x Crystallized ????
- 10x Crystallized ???? -> 1x Eternal ????
This addon is designed to work along side your existing AH tools (not replace), and has no improved way to sell items etc. As such it has been tested with many of the other auctionieer and auctionlite style addons, and currently no issues are known about. In fact it is even enchanced by auctioneer because it will use auctioneer prices if no current buyout is found for an item during scanning.
If you spot any bugs feel free to let know in comments. Additional let me know if you would like any new tradeskills to be added.
This project was developed using the addon: AuctionLite (by MerialKilrogg) as a basis which is available under GPLv2. Much of his work has on common utilities has been used through this addon.
- Date created
- May 17, 2009
- Last update
- Nov 14, 2012
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files
- Embedded library