SpamMeNot intelligently detects, blocks and reports commercial and annoying spam messages before you even see them, without relying on an extensive list of blacklisted domain names.
Project is hosted at CurseForge.
- Weighs words and patterns to determine if a message is spam.
- Not fooled by space and number substitution in messages l1k3 th15.
- Identifies spam even if it's split over several messages.
- Optionally ignores whispers from people below a set level.
- Can run in silent mode so you are not disturbed by spam at all.
- Graphical User Interface for inspecting identified spam.
- Optionally auto-reports high rated spam.
- Compatible with WIM
- Compatible with ChatSounds
SpamMeNot is being completely rewritten for the Wrath of the Lich King Expansion.
- Configurable spam score level means you can tighten up the spam detection or relax it as you desire.
- The level it auto-reports at is also configurable.
- Monitors the trade channel for people linking an exceptional amount of spell links as well as keywords such as "An*l" and "Dirge" and will flag and auto-report participants of mass trade spam.
- 3rd party AddOns can ask SpamMeNot to filter their events via it's API.
- Nicer configuration interface.
- Much more organized internal structure.
- Less chance of causing code taints.
- Uses Ace3.
You can use either of the following commands.
Please report problems or enhancement suggestions using the ticket tracker. I do not monitor the Curse comments for them :)
- 8 comments
- Date created
- May 01, 2007
- Last update
- Apr 16, 2012
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files