SuperGuildInvite is an AddOn developed to aid any person who wishes to invite new players to their guild
- If you are here to express your hatred against this type of AddOns, please consider this: GuildShield
- GuildShield has been updated and now works for everyone on less than 2000ms latency
FAQ - Please read before posting questions!
Can I remove players from my blacklist?
- No you cannot at this time, and this is intended. There might be some way in the future.
- As of 6.6 players are locked for a minimum of one month and then removed.
Can I send the whisper before the invite?
- No. This used to be possible, but blizzard made changes to restrict this. The invite now has to be coupled with a physical action (i.e. a button press or mouseclick) in order to be valid. This can't be changed.
SGI keeps listing Starter Edition accounts. Can I stop that?
- SGI has no means of recognizing starter editions (There is no function for that at this time). You can prevent this by setting your limits to 21+, though this will make you miss all real accounts at less than level 20.
SGI invites guilded players!
- This is caused by a bug on blizzards side. When a player goes offline by a dissconnect or closing the WoW window (Not by the normal Logout) they will stay a while in the who interface and appear guildless. This is why SGI thinks they are guildless and tries to invite them.
- It can also be caused by the fact that someone beat you to it. Players in your list were guildless when found, but when you click on them to invite they might already have been invited by someone else.
My Minimap icon/Frames are missing!
- /sgi options should show the options frame. Make sure "Hide Minimap button" is not checked.
- If you can't se the frame after typing /sgi options, try /sgi reset followed by /sgi options to show the options. Note that this will reset att your settings to default.
The Who window pops up all the time! Help me!
- This is an issue cause by other AddOns, interfering with SGI. Try disabling other AddOns to see which one is the cause. (WIM is known to cause this)
If you for some reason need to contact me, you can post here, PM me or send an email to (I prefer email): Please note that I do read every email I recieve even if I don't have time to answer all of them.
- Xara82 For making the SGI instruction video
- Nephthis - Durotan (EU)(aka Cheshire) For the German translation of SuperGuildInvite, his great dedication to help answering questions about SGI and many great suggestions which has helped to improve SGI tremendously.
Todo List (6.8)
If you've got a good idea of something to add, please post and it might end up here!
- Fix issue with unnessecary who queries.
Ready for (6.8)
- /sgi help shows every available chat command
- Example Video - Thanks to Xara82 for this video!
SuperScan is the main function to be using with this AddOn. SuperScan will scan every player on your server and check whether they are in a guild or not. If they are not they will be put in the invite queue, and wait for an invite. Starting SuperScan will cause the options frame to be hidden, and a smaller frame will show you the information you need. SuperScan is now quiet! It will perform its services without you noticing a thing (except a growing queue!). The speed of SuperScan is determined by the settings. You can change the level range, the interval and the levels at which you want to start searching with class and race. These are easiest changed by using the mousewheel and scroll the numbers in the options menu. The can also be changed by chat commands (/sgi help)
In order for a player to be invited to your guild you have to do one of the following two things:
- You can press the Invite: # button located on either the options frame, or the small SuperScan timer. Pressing this button will invite the first player in the queue to your guild.
- You can also pick the players you want to invite by pressing Choose Invites. This will show a frame with all the currently queued players along with some information about them. By left clicking on a player’s name you will invite them, while right clicking will remove them from the queue. Once any of these actions are taken the player is locked.
This is a new and reworked version of the old blacklist. Now, instead of tries as before, a player gets locked after the first action is taken against them (attempting to invite or removing from the queue). All locks except manual locks are a minimum of one month. These locks are saved even if you reset SGI. If you want to add a player to the list manually:
- /sgi lock <playerName>
- /sgi unlock <playerName> Unlocking only works on players that where added by chatcommands.
As of 6.2 you can now have up to 6 whispers that will be randomly chosen If you wish you can send a whisper to the player you are inviting. In order for it to be sent you need to check the checkbox on the main options frame. There’s a pretty dull default message that you can use, but if you want to make it more personal you can customize it (max 256 letters) by pressing the button on the options frame and following the instructions there. The whisper can be used in 3 different ways, chosen by the dropdown menu in the main options frame.
- Whisper after inviting (default) - The whisper will only go out if the invite was successfully sent
- Only Invite - You will only send an invite
- Only Whisper - The whisper goes out, but not the invite. In this mode SGI will not invite any players, you have to manually invite the players you whisper. (NEW: This registers as an invite attempt and locks the player)
The limit determines the lowest and highest level of the players invited.
Race and Class
The race and class filters and used to ease inviting on high populated servers. Once SuperScan reaches the leveled specified it will add searches for races and classes additionally to the level. Using this makes the scan take much longer and should only be used if normal scanning results are over 50 players.
Other useful AddOns
If you are looking for a AddOn to remove players from you guild, then this might be the AddOn for you
- 8 comments
- Date created
- Jun 21, 2011
- Last update
- Mar 16, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files