SuperGuildInvite is an AddOn developed to aid any person who wishes to invite new players to their guild
- If you are here to express your hatred against this type of AddOns, please consider this: GuildShield
- GuildShield has been updated and now works for everyone on less than 2000ms latency
FAQ - Please read before posting questions!
Can I remove players from my blacklist?
- No you cannot at this time, and this is intended. There might be some way in the future.
- As of 6.6 players are locked for a minimum of one month and then removed.
Can I send the whisper before the invite?
- No. This used to be possible, but blizzard made changes to restrict this. The invite now has to be coupled with a physical action (i.e. a button press or mouseclick) in order to be valid. This can't be changed.
SGI keeps listing Starter Edition accounts. Can I stop that?
- SGI has no means of recognizing starter editions (There is no function for that at this time). You can prevent this by setting your limits to 21+, though this will make you miss all real accounts at less than level 20.
SGI invites guilded players!
- This is caused by a bug on blizzards side. When a player goes offline by a dissconnect or closing the WoW window (Not by the normal Logout) they will stay a while in the who interface and appear guildless. This is why SGI thinks they are guildless and tries to invite them.
- It can also be caused by the fact that someone beat you to it. Players in your list were guildless when found, but when you click on them to invite they might already have been invited by someone else.
My Minimap icon/Frames are missing!
- You can reset the positions of all SGI frames by /sgi framereset
- /sgi options should show the options frame. Make sure "Hide Minimap button" is not checked.
- If you can't see the frame after typing /sgi options, try /sgi reset followed by /sgi options to show the options. Note that this will reset att your settings to default.
The Who window pops up all the time! Help me!
- This is an issue cause by other AddOns, interfering with SGI. Try disabling other AddOns to see which one is the cause. (WIM is known to cause this)
- As of 7.0 this issue should be resolved.
If you for some reason need to contact me, you can post here, PM me or send an email to (I prefer email): Please note that I do read every email I recieve even if I don't have time to answer all of them.
- Xara82 For making the SGI instruction video
- Nephthis - Durotan (EU)(aka Cheshire) For the German translation of SuperGuildInvite, his great dedication to help answering questions about SGI and many great suggestions which has helped to improve SGI tremendously.
SuperScan is the reason to use this AddOn! SuperScan is a function which will methodically go through all logged in players on your server, determine if they belong to a guild and if not they will be put in a waiting list. They stay in this list for four seconds, in order for GuildShield to do its job. They are the placed in your invite queue where you can invite them to your guild by a simple click. SuperScan is also quite. Using the Who Interface in the background lets you go on with your daily business while having a steadily growing invite queue. The time it takes to do a complete scan depends on the settings you choose, but from my experience a scan takes between 5-10 mins.
In order to invite a player from the invite queue you can do one of three different things:
- You can press the button labeled Invite: # to invite the first person in the queue, and the next and so on...
- You can assign a keybinding to the invite button, which has the same effect as pressing said button. This is done in the options menu.
- Lastly you can use Choose Invites, which is a window that displays all queued players, along with relevant information about them. Now you can simply left click on the players that you wish to invite, and right click to remove them from the queue.
Locking / Blacklisting
Locking is a way for SGI to keep track of which players you already have tried to invite during the last two months. If you have tried to invite a player, and they received the invite, they will be on this list and will not be bothered by you again for at least 2 months. It does not matter if they accepted of declined your invite. Only if the invite did not reach them will they be taken off.
You can specify up to 6 different whispers to send randomly to the players you invite. SuperGuildInvite supports 3 modes of inviting players:
- Whisper after inviting - The invite goes out, SGI determines if it reached the player, and then sends the whisper only if they received your invitation.
- Invite Only - Only invite, no whisper.
- WhisperOnly - Only whisper, no invite.
All settings can be changed in the options menu of SuperGuildInvite. In order to access more than limit you need to check Advanced options (/sgi options)
- Limit - The level range you want to search for, i.e level 10-90 or 80-85 etc.
- Race - Adds a race filter to the search, starting at the specified level. This divides the searching over the different races, to make sure you don't miss any players due to a high population server. This makes the SuperScan Slower
- Class - The same as race, except it's for the players class.
- Interval - Specifies the size of each step in the search. 5 would result in 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 etc.
Filters allow you to remove certain player types from your search. To add a filter do the following:
- Open SGI Options
- Press Filters
- Press Add Filter
- Fill out the filter form, read the in game instructions.
- Press save If a player matches a filter they will not be added to your queue.
Other useful AddOns
If you are looking for a AddOn to remove players from you guild, then this might be the AddOn for you
- Date created
- Jun 21, 2011
- Last update
- May 21, 2015
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files