Tidy Plates

Forum > Feature Suggestions

Color by class/ 3.3.5 compatible

• 5 posts
    #1 Jan 22, 2012 at 20:05 UTC - 0 likes

Hello, thank you for Tidy Plates, its great!

Is it possible, to add option "color by class" to version, which is compatible with WOTLK (3.3.5)?

I downloaded the latest version of Tidy Plates (6.5.1). because I want class colors in it, but this version doesn't work in WOTLK 3.3.5 :( Release 5.13.3 working just fine for me, but it hasn't this color by class option :(

#2 Jan 22, 2012 at 23:02 UTC - 0 likes

@daweking: Go

To make the current version of Tidy Plates compatible with Wrath would be an asston of work. :-(

If you're just looking to add Party member class colors to an old version of Tidy Plates, you could probably copy and paste some code between the color functions.

If you just want to color Pvp enemies by class, you could use the default coloring option, and select "Interface>Display>Show Class Colors in Nameplates", and the colors will get passed through.

#3 Jan 24, 2012 at 22:22 UTC - 0 likes

First of all, thanks for all the hard work you put into this addon. I dont want to come off as sounding demanding or as one who doesnt appreciate what you provide for free...but could you please re-add the option to make friendly health bars just blue? I updated to the latest version, with fear that I would have to set it up again like last time, but to my pleasure, the only thing I noticed that was different was that when I went into a BG, all the sudden I couldnt tell the difference between enemy and friendly health bars! lol it makes it hard for a healer, as you probably know.

I took your suggestion here, and it works, but it's not the same. How can I tell the difference between an enemy DK and an enemy NPC because both of their names will be red? I've played pvp healer with this addon for the longest time, and I gotta say that it was really nice knowing that all the blue bars were friendly and I could easily differentiate between an enemy player and an enemy NPC AND know the class of the enemy player.

Thank you.

Last edited Jan 24, 2012 by jhall229
    #4 Jan 25, 2012 at 01:05 UTC - 0 likes

@jhall229: Go

Hi J, and thanks for the feedback. This isn't really the right thread for discussing this topic. Nevertheless, it's something that I'm going to revisit and rethink. The current system, while not ideal for everyone, is straightforward: You select, "By Class", and that's what you get. The previous system wasn't clear. When someone selected, "By Class", they also needed to select, "Show Class Color for Party Members" to see the colors of their group members. Selecting that option would override both the healthbar color, and the name text. So, I need to figure out what set of controls would make the choice clear and concise.

I think you already read my earlier response on this topic, but I'll repeat it, just in case: When playing as a healer, I select "By Reaction" as the bar color, and "By Class" as name color. In this way, it's very clear who you're supposed to heal, and who you kill. I'm not trying to push "my way" as the right way (I wouldn't have written an addon with so many choices if I was!). Rather, I'm giving suggestions. And, if the current version just isn't working out for you, there's always the older version. It works just fine, and it doesn't look like Blizzard is going to break it in the near future.

#5 Jan 25, 2012 at 17:46 UTC - 0 likes

@danltiger: Go

Thanks for the response. I did take your advice, and it's working fine. I haven't decided if I like it better or not, or if it's worth the effort to go back to the older version. I'm going to stick with it for a few days at least. I can understand trying to make the addon as simple as possible. It's one of those ones that can be a bit overwhelming at first until you learn what everything is. Still the best nameplate addon i've ever used, so thanks for that.

• 5 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!