TipTac Changes | 2009 Aug 27
- Fixed the misplacement of debuffs relative to the tip, which was caused by the latest update.
TipTac Changes | 2009 Aug 26
- Colorblind mode will no longer affect the guild line of the tip now.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a "trying to anchor to itself" error, if the option "Only Show Auras Coming from You" was enabled.
TipTac Changes | 2009 Aug 14
- The "GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor" function is now hooked using a secure hook, to avoid the taint caused by changes in the 3.2 patch.
TipTac Changes | 2009 Aug 13
- Changed the TOC version to 30200 for the 3.2 patch.
- Options: Fixed a few problems with the color controls.
- No changes really, but a lot seems to be unable at ticking the "Load Addons Out of Date" checkbox at the character screen, so this is basically just a TOC bump...
TipTac Changes | 2009 May 26
- Rarity colored border for item tips should now work again.
- Removed some obsolete code.
- Reorganized some code, should be more optimised now.
- Added a secondary parameter to the "TipTac:AddModifiedTip(tooltip,noHooks)" function, if set to true, it will not hook the "OnHide" and "OnTooltipSetItem" scripts.
TipTac Changes | 2009 May 25
- The option to show an icon next to the tip for raid icon, faction icon or combat icon, has been split into three different options.
- A check is now made to see if the configured texture still exists, if not, it will be reset to default.
- Setting the option to only show auras coming from you, will now also show auras applied by your pet or vehicle.
- Fixed a bug with the option to show auras at the bottom, which caused debuffs to be positioned incorrectly.
- Reduced string garbage creation even further.
- The "TipTac:AddModifiedTip(tooltip)" function can now also takes a string as the tooltip parameter.
- Any frame can now register itself using "TipTac:AddModifiedTip(tooltip)", it no longer needs a global name, nor does it have to be a GameTooltip, any frame will do.
TipTac Changes | 2009 May 17
- Will not show someone targeting "" anymore. This seem to have been a change caused by patch 3.1, for some reason targettarget could return an empty string.
- Optimised the "Targeted by" function, will no longer generate so much string garbage.
- You can now configure the cache size in TipTacTalents, through the TipTac options.
- Should now work a little better together with colorblind mode, at least it will no longer replace the color blind mode line in the tooltip.
- Rage bar is no longer shown for units that actually has no power, that is for NPCs whose max rage is zero.
TipTac Changes | 2009 Apr 19
- Removed some debug information related to the mage's mirror images.
- Changed the aura options a little, it now uses the new caster unit return to detect your auras.
TipTac Changes | 2009 Apr 17
- Changed the TOC version to 30100 for the 3.1 patch.
- Tips for a mage's mirror images should now show.
- Been doing some code cleanup and optimisation. The string garbage created should now be lower.
- No longer hooks the "GameTooltip_UnitColor" function, this means that the option to color player names by class color, will no longer work without TipTac Appearance.
- The temporary Auctioneer (LibExtraTip) workaround has now been removed. Thanks to the guys behind Auctioneer for looking into this and fixing it.
TipTac Changes | 2009 Mar 26
- The Auctioneer workaround should now work again.
- If you have TipTacTalents installed, you can now configure it through the TipTac options under the "Talents" category.
- Options: Moved a few options around to make room for the new "Talents" tab.
TipTac Changes | 2009 Mar 22
- Removed a blinking aura cooldown bug that could happen when the tip was resized.
- Options: Changing the bar texture or height now also changes the default tooltip health bar.
- Options: Fixed a problem where you couldn't change some color options, and trying to would generate a Lua error.
- Options: New option added to colorise the border based on the unit's reaction. This option will override the option for class colored border.
- Many options now work without TipTac Appearance enabled.
- Options: Removed the "Hook Special Tips" option. If there is a reason you really don't want certain tips hooked, you'll have to remove them editing the Lua, look for "TT_TipsToModify".
- Added a new layout preset named "Solid Border".
- If an addon is using the tooltip's fadout function for non units, TipTac will no longer stop the fadeout from happening.
- The unit status text, such as afk, dnd or dc, has been moved to the end of the name, instead of before.
- Added the function "TipTac:AddModifiedTip(tooltip)" which allows for other addons to "register" tooltips to be modified with the TipTac style. Normally you could just add these to the "TT_TipsToModify" list, but if tips added to that list are dynamically loaded, it wont work. This new function will.
- Redesigned the anchoring options. The new anchoring might be more confusing at first, but it will allow you to control the tip a lot better than previously. There are now four anchors, unit and non-unit tips in both the world and on frames. Also, the previously named "Smart" anchor is now called "Parent" anchor.
- The tip icon will now also show if a unit is in combat. The other states, raid and pvp icon, will take priority though.
- Removed the "values in kilo" option for the bar text and replaced it with a better "Auto Values" option. This will show the values as normal, in kilo or mega, depending on the values.
- Tips should no longer occationally appear without the TipTac Appearance, as if the option was off.
TipTac Changes | 2009 Mar 19
- Fadeout for group members out of range should no longer happen prematurely.
- Options: Now uses my shared libraries for options factory and dropdown menus. Makes things a little easier to update and to add new options in the future.
- When adding the names of those from the group targeting a mob, it will now let the tooltip do auto line breaks, this should make it look better.
- The problem with text getting hidden behind TipTac's own health and manabar has finally been fixed. About time, I know!
- Options: An option to enable a workaround for Auctioneer / Informant has been added under the "Special" category.
- Added the "QuestGuru_QuestWatchTooltip" tooltip to the ones getting modified.
TipTac Changes | 2009 Mar 17
- The fadeout issue related to TipTacTalents, was not actually fixed in the previous version, even though it was in the changelog. This has now been properly fixed. This was only a problem if the fadeout wasn't overridden.
- Fixed a problem where tips were not shown, if the tip was shown from a unitframe with a concated unit, such as "targettarget".
- There was a problem for worldframe unit tips on players/pets who were in your group, this caused the tips not to fadeout. This issue has now been fixed.
TipTac Changes | 2009 Mar 16
- Optimized some of the fadeout code, it will now also work even if you have disabled the TipTac Appearance.
- Occasionally the TipTac fadeout could get halted because of an update from TipTacTalents, I've fixed this by not allowing TipTacTalents to call "GTT:Show()" to resize the tip during fadeout.
- Fixed some fadeout problems for certain Unit Frames, they should now fadeout properly according to the settings of TipTac.
- Changed some of the default values for the settings, into how I want TipTac to be looking off the bat.
- Optimized the coloring of background and border for the reaction, class colored border, and item rarity border color options. Also fixed a few problems related to this, that sometimes prevented the proper coloring for signs and other world objects.
- Added a "deficit" option for the bar text drop down.
- An option to hide the default health bar has been added, this is of course on by default. But if you for some reason want to disable the internal health/mana bars in TipTac and just use the default one, it is now possible.
- Options: The minimum value on the Backdrop Edge Size option has been lowered from eight to zero.
- Options: A new "Solid" border texture has been added.
- Added partial support for ClassColors, there is no call back function registered though.
- Corrected a small incorrect bar offset value for when both the health and mana bar was shown.
- Added "QuestHelperTooltip" to the list of tips to modify in appearance.
- Options: New drop down option added for "Name Type". Here you can select either "Name only", "Use player titles" or "Copy from original tip". If you have another addon such as flagRSP, which changes the name in the tip, pick the "Copy from original tip" option.
- An Auctioneer workaround for the "jumping anchor", has been added, but it is not enabled by default as the Informant tip doesn't have a constant name. But feel free to go to line 1126 in "TipTac\core.lua" and uncomment the line to see if it works for you.
- The TipTacAnchor is now visible the first time TipTac is run.
TipTac Changes | 2009 Mar 12
- [Fixed Release] Fixed a problem where the tip wasn't cleaned up sometimes when showing tips from the minimap, signs and certain other places.
- [Fixed Release] If the default fadeout isn't overridden by TipTac, the tip should now keep the proper size while fading out.
- TipTac will no longer incorrectly tile the backdrop textures.
- Removed some old code that would show raid icons on the line that shows the target. This no longer worked after the tip was changed to use the GameTooltip, and could under certain conditions due to a little bug in WoW cause the Star raid symbol to show.
- The aura icons will no longer show a border around them. If anyone prefers the old way, let me know, and I will add an option for it.
- The cooldown on auras will no longer show above the buff application count.
- Improved the fadeout function, it now works a lot better, although if you do see tips not fading out, I've added an option to disable the fadeout override of the GameTooltip that TipTac does. Please give feedback on how this works for different setups and unit frames.
TipTac Changes | 2008 Dec 05
- It is now possible to show and move the TipTacAnchor from the options again.
- Fixed an anchor bug when the non unit anchor was set to mouse, which also made unit tips anchored to the mouse.
- The raid icons will now actually work properly!
TipTac Changes | 2008 Dec 03
- Added raid and faction icon to the tip, this will show the raid icon or faction icon, alliance, horde or pvp (free for all).
- Included a new addon in the TipTac compilation, TipTacItemRef. What this does in short, is to modify the tip that shows when you click a link in chat, please refer to the readme in the TipTacItemRef directory for more info.
- Fixed a fade out problem for some unit frames when the interface option "Beginner Tooltips" was enabled.
- Added back the "Reaction as Text" option which got lost in the remake of TipTac during the last releases.
- The new "ShoppingTooltip3" has been added to the tips getting modified.