The Tongues AddOn
From Skrull "A while ago I started using Lore. As I started working with it, I started to see some of the limitations. I decided to re-write my own version of it, and try to remove some of those limitations. Currently, Tongues doesn't do localization. In a conversation with Rufftran I learned that he may be retiring Lore since Tongues is doing well. I still need to talk to him about merging projects."
- NOTE: Please PM non English translations of Languages and/or pet names to Aurorablade thankyou REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR CUSTOM FOLDER!
What it does:
- It allows languages, dialects, affects on outgoing messages.
- It allows filters on incoming and outgoing messages.
- It has Lore-style Interpreters.
- It provides the ability to Mass Translate for: targetted player, translators (people added to the user's translator list),party,guild, raid, officer, battleground, raid warning/alert.
- Auto-translation of other Tongues users' say, yell, party, guild, officer, raid, battleground and raid warning/alert messages.
- Uses Blizzard languages when it can (ie Orcs speaking Gutterspeak will not be understood by Undead unless the listener has Tongues, Undead speaking Gutterspeak will be understood if both they listener have Tongues.)
- Provide a quick select for picking which language to speak. (So you don't have to open up the menu every time.)
- Automatic Language learning (different languages have different difficulties for difficult factions, races, and classes.)
- Allows you to speak for controlable pets with /petspeak or /ps
What it doesn't do:
- It won't ever translate cross-faction.
Why not? Aside from the EULA, which prohibits this,the other reason for this is because of the method that Blizzard uses to generate its languages. For instance, a Human speaking Common being heard by the Horde may see a word like "hir" this could mean "the" or it could be "toc" - table of contents - it depends on the context, which you don't know because all the words are encrypted. The algorithm to figure this out would have to be extraordinarily complex.
- It won't ever translate languages from or to users not using this AddOn.
What it will do:
- Provide an option for dynamic Dialect drifting.
- Miscellanious code streamlining.
List of Commands
- /tongues <language>
- Swap to a new language
- /tongues opt
open options window
- swap dialects
- /ps <what to say>
- allows petspeech
If you have a libdatabroker compatible display addon it will make a display that will mimic the minimenu or 'big red button".
- Left Click to cycle languages
- Right Click to open options
- Alt - left click to open menu of languages you know
List of Languages
Sub languages are alias of a language who use the same word set to a point, these names can be used when adding a language
- Sub Languages: Zandali,Amani,Gurubashi,Drakkari,
- Sub Languages: Gutterspeak
- Sub Language: Sindassi
- Sub Languages: Hyena,Core Hound
- Sub Languages: Sporebat
- SubLanguages: Nether (used for warpstalkers), Raptor, Chimaera,Crocolisk,Devilsaur
- Sub Languages: Turtle (it worked in my head)
- Dark Iron
- Kalimag (language of elementals)
- Sub: Elemental
- Sub Languages: Eredun
- Sub Languages: Qiraji,Silithid,Wasp,Ravager,Scorpid,Spider
- Nerglish (MURLOC SPEECH!)
- Nazja (Naga Language)
- Undead (a take on zombie language)
- Gilnean-CodeSpeak (Cockny rhyme gibberish)
- Sub Gilnean
How to add a language
Go into your options, click the understand tab. Enter language to learn in the box Hit enter Adjust the slider to desired fluancy Hit Set
You can change your fluancy later (if passive learning isn't doing it for you) in the same method.
How to remove a language
- To remove one language: In the understand tab: Enter your language to remove into the box, Click Clear
- To remove All Languages: in the understand tab: Click clear
Click list at any to see the languages you know and thier fluencys.
- None known at this time.
- 10 comments
- Date created
- Mar 13, 2008
- Last update
- Dec 05, 2015
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files