TrainAlert was originally designed to warn you whenever someone was messing around with their Toy Train Set. However, it has grown to warn you about some of the other annoying parts of WoW.
- Tells you when someone starts placing a train set.
- Tells you if they succeed.
- There is an option to play a sound when this happens.
- There is also an option to send a chat message (via say) when this happens.
- There is also an option to mute sound effects for a period of time when this happens.
- Tells you if they fail to place the train set (i.e. when they cancel it).
- Tells you the name of the culprit. What you do with this information is up to you, but I must point out that I do not encourage any action being taken against anyone for using this item, such as flaming.
- Tells you when someone uses a Weighted Jack O' Lantern on you, complete with the person's name.
- Tells you when someone is using a Piccolo of the Flaming Fire.
- Tells you when someone throws a Party G.R.E.N.A.D.E. at you.
- Tells Rogues when someone is preparing a Turkey Shooter. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell you who the target is - but if you're a Rogue, you can try to get away ASAP.
As far as I am aware, this is the only addon of its type which is compatible with Patch 4.3.
Debug Mode prints a message to your chat frame whenever someone casts a spell on you. Please be advised that this means EVERY spell, so be sure to turn it off while questing, raiding, PvPing and so on.
It prints out the following information:
- The name of the person who cast the spell.
- The spell name.
- The spell's ID number.
- What type of spell it is.
All of this information helps me add new spells to TrainAlert's warning system. If you find a spell which isn't covered by this addon, please submit the information gathered to me in the form of a Curse PM. Or, create a Ticket, making sure it's Type is 'Enhancement'.
Bugs and Suggestions
PLEASE use the ticket tracker for this addon located at CurseForge: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/trainalert/tickets/ - any bugs or suggestions left here will likely be ignored, as I am not alerted via email to new comments on this page, whereas I am alerted to new tickets.
- Created by: Navitas (Shadowsong EU)
- Code Help: Ketho (Boulderfist EU)
- Testing: Zorann (Shadowsong EU)
- Special Thanks to Curse user xekon for suggesting that I add the option to disable sound effects.
- Special Thanks to Curse user cheebc for suggesting that I add the /trainalert command.
- Date created
- Oct 06, 2011
- Last update
- Nov 24, 2013
- Development stage
- Public Domain
- Curse link
- Recent files