Van32's CombatMusic, or just CombatMusic is an addon that you can use to bring that RPG feel back to your World of Warcraft experience! It helps you by automatically playing music you choose when you get into fights ingame!
There is a bug in WoW 5.3 that causes ingame sound effects to stop playing music, make it stutter, or worse yet, repeat like a broken record. If you wish to avoid this bug, you'll need to disable ingame sound effects entirely to experience CombatMusic. I have added a temporary option in the configuration for people that want an easy solution until Blizz fixes the bug.
This addon is not distributed with any music files, as it would be copyright infringment. You will have to provide your own music following the instructions found in the README
You're not required to, but please donate. Buy me a coffee so I can make the addon better for everyone!
If you were using CombatMusic prior to release_v5.x, you will lose your settings and will need to rename your songs again in order for CombatMusic to see them. The system has been incredibly simplified, so don't expect any changes to it after this. Sorry for any inconveniences this might cause. Read the new README to see what you'll have to do to get up and running again
Have a suggestion? Found a bug in the AddOn? Follow this link to submit a ticket!
Where'd Pet Battle support go?
- It's been temporarily removed with version 5 because I wanted to get something out there now, instead of a while from now. I need to figure out exactly how I want to implement it and it's configuration before moving ahead with it. Expect to see it in the next major release though!
My CombatMusic doesn't play songs when I enter Combat! HALP!
- All right, did you read the README first?
- Check to make sure your songs are set up properly. You have to put them in Interface/Music, not in the CombatMusic folder, and they need to be named properly, or CombatMusic won't see them!
- If they still don't work, submit a ticket!
Are you going to add mounted/per-zone music options?
- No. The addon is called CombatMusic. To have that would not make sense. I want to keep it simple for the end-user (That would be you.) to set up and use. Having to add the files, and rename them for all the zones is too much.
Why 'Interface/Music' and not 'Interface\Addons\Van32s_CombatMusic\'?
- No really. I took into consideration the Curse Client deleting all of your music files every time I updated the addon. Which it would do, if I stored them in it's directory.
CombatMusic is designed, first and foremost, to play music when your character is in combat. It can do this in a variety of ways, with as many songs as you like.
The add-on is designed to tell the difference between a monster that is a boss, or not, and can play music appropriate to the encounter. It will pick songs randomly from your list of songs, or you can tell it to pick specific songs, it doesn't matter.
The main thing is; there's no playlists to set up. There are no extraneous UI's and EXE files you need to run to set it up, making it easier to set up.
Want to see CombatMusic in action? Want to see what it really does? Go and check out this YouTube video!
CombatMusic, when you enter combat, will first check to see what you or your focus has targeted. This is how it knows if you're fighting a boss or not. It checks those two, against a variety of different things, starting with your custom "BossList", a list of NPC names, and music, that you've set up for it. If it doesn't find it there, It'll check to see if it should play something from the "Bosses" folder, or from the "Battles" folder instead.
After Combat, one of three things can happen:
- If you lost, CombatMusic will play the Game Over song.
- If it was a boss, it'll play your fanfare!
- Otherwise, it'll just fade out the music.
CombatMusic won't just play the victory fanfare when you beat a boss, it'll play it for you when you level up as well... It'll also play the game over song whenever your character dies, not just during a fight... (My main's heard it more than 2000 times, if that's any reference.)
This addon, and it's code files (excluding any included libraries, which are used with permission.) are the copyrighted material of Vandesdelca32, and are given to you to use and modify for personal use only. You may not redistribute any part of this addon, modified or original, without the author's express permission.
Table of contents
- 1 About
- 2 Important!
- 3 News
- 4 FAQ
- 5 Features
- 6 Legal Stuff
- Date created
- Mar 17, 2010
- Last update
- May 23, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Van32's CombatMusic
- Recent files