On HiatusI'm not currently subscribed to World of Warcraft. I just moved, I am transitioning jobs and also earning a Bachelor of Science in Software Development from Western Governors University. I'm sorry, because I really want to maintain and improve Learning Aid. I just don't have enough time and money to spare to play WoW right now. I'd like to keep Learning Aid alive, but I only have the ability to play on my sub-20 characters and the PTR (when that's up). If anyone wants to contribute patches, they are welcome to do so. Please send me a PM or post a comment with the changes. Thanks.
What Learning Aid Does
- Displays new spells/abilities when you level up or gain new abilities through other means.
- Searches for spells/abilities that you may have forgotten to add to your action bars.
- Puts unlearned and then relearned talent-based spells/abilities back where they were.
What Learning Aid Doesn't Do Yet
- LDB plugin.
- Integration with the base UI's level-up display.
- Filtering of level-up messages.
- Finer-grained control of automatic placement of newly learned spells on action bars, from turning it off to controlling when and where it happens.
- Highlighting options for the spellbook, such as making missing spells stand out in some way.
- Learn a new spell/ability!
- Drag it to your action bar!
- Click the close box to dismiss the window!
You can also shift-click an ability button to create a chat link, just like from the spellbook.
OptionsRight-click on the window's title to lock the window so it does not move. Learning Aid has a configuration panel in the Interface Options window.
CompatibilityLearning Aid 1.13.0 Alpha 1 is compatible with World of Warcraft 7.0.3.
Updated TOC to 70000 for Wrath of the Legion pre-patch 7.0.3.
Minor updates due to API changes. Known issue: Some druid spells still cause trouble for the action bar search.
Updated TOC to 60200 for Warlords of Draenor patch 6.2.0.
Added "Ignore Auto Attack" option.
Removed more dead Spam Filter code that was causing errors.
Updated TOC to 60100 for Warlords of Draenor patch 6.1.0.
Fixed some global pollution found with Globe (https://www.townlong-yak.com/globe/).
Added checks for spells like Flying Serpent Kick that change ID on the fly.
Added initial visible support for action bar copy and paste.
Added support for flyouts to action bar copy and paste.
Added support for dynamic shapeshift bar numbering to action bar copy and paste.
Added named bar clipboards to action bar copy and paste, replacing the single implicit clipboard.
TOC update for Warlords of Draenor patch 6.0.2. No significant changes.
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2008
- Last update
- Jul 28, 2016
- Development stage
- GNU Lesser General Public License version 3 (LGPLv3)
- Curse link
- Learning Aid
- Recent files
- Embedded library