Here comes the first release for patch 7.0.3, a lot of fixes and enhancement that were previously unrealeased finally got release, I can't remember them all but rotations should be smoother. Also a brand new auto-update system is being introduced for rotations, you'll no longer need to delete old rotations and import the new ones. You should still delete the old variables before launching the game to clean the addon for a fresh start and get rid of your old rotations so that the new system work properly or you can just unistall/re-install the addon while checking the box to delete old variables, it's faster that way.
Currently only basic rotations are done aside from the shaman ones which should ready at least until Legion, you should probably stick to passive talents that don't change spells until the full rotation for your class is ready since talents aren't taken into account yet. Expect more updates soon as i go over each classes again for full rotations
As the original author soulwhip discontinued this addon and we simply loved it, we decided to bring it back.
You can help us with localizations by going there : RotationBuilder Localization page. Be careful when translating phrases from the overview interface : rotations localizations are too big to be shown properly in it. You will have to edit them individually.
Rotation Builder allows you to build rotations dynamically without having to understand the Lua script language. The built rotation then displays the current action and the next action on your screen to tell you what to push next. Actions can be heavily customized with the General, Player, Target, and Pet tabs. The priority of actions can also be changed dynamically just by clicking the up and down arrows next to the action name in the Action list.
- Default rotation for all classes and specializations
- Automatic upate of default rotations
- A way to create your own rotations
- Import/Export of rotations
- A way to create your own default rotation as an addon for RotationBuilder (see the tutorial)
Included Rotations in the latest release version:
HUNTER 7.0.3 Final till next patch
SHAMAN 7.0.3 Final till next patch
To load the latest rotation just click on the options tab in the top left and click the LOAD button. The latest version of the rotations will be imported. You will have to delete old default rotations before. Though after that default rotation should be from now on auto-updated on login if there is an update
How to build a rotation:
- Open your blizzard key-binds window and scroll down to find Rotation Builders key-binds
- Show the rotation builder window with /rob show or using the mini-map button
- Default rotations should be provided for your class under the Rotation Name box in
the upper left.
- You can modify an existing rotation by left clicking on it or creating a new one with the
- Once you have the rotation selected click the modify button to go into the edit mode.
- Once you are in edit mode you can change the rotation name and edit/add/re-arrange Actions.
- To select a Action just left click the action name in the top right Action list box.
- All the options for the selected action are in the tabs below General, Player, Target, Pet
If you mouse-over each option it will tell you what it does.
- Once you are done editing your Actions and Rotation click the Save button.
- You can close the rotation window now
- At this point you should have two icons displayed from your rotation. The top one is the
current action and the bottom one is the next action.
- Q: What are toggles?
A: Toggles are a way to change your rotation dynamically with a keybind.
Example: There is a boss fight where if you cleanse yourself you blow up the raid.
What you can do is put cleanse in your rotation but check the toggle box.
Set the Toggle to Toggle 1 so the cleanse icon will only show up if Toggle 1
is turned on. Now when you get to that boss in the raid you can turn off cleanse
by hitting the key you bound to Toggle 1 in the blizzard keybinds.
- Q: Why is my Spell X not working?
A: More than likely you spelled something wrong or blizzard functions arent finding your spell.
Here is what you can do to see why your action is not showing.
1. Open the blizzard keybinds and scroll down to find the Rotation Builder keybind
for Toggle Debug and bind it to a key.
2. Now edit your rotation and click on the General tab of the action that is not working.
3. Click the Debug check box on the far right for that action.
4. Save the rotation.
5. Turn on debug with the key you bound in step 1. You will see a DEBUG ON message in chat.
6. Go through your rotation until you hit your action that is not working.
7. The chat window will spam why the action is not displaying.
8. For example. If it says NOT showing A: youractionname S: spellname because its out of
range then that means you are checking range but you shouldn't be on self buffs.
- Q: Debug says X does not have buffs or debuffs?
A: The buff and debuff name matching can be a pain, try using the spell name first. If the spell name isnt matching to the buff you can turn on your combat log to get the actual spellID to use instead.
- Q: How do I get rid of an existing rotation so I can import a rotation with the same name?
A: You have two options:
1. Delete the rotation with the same name.
2. Modify the rotation blocking the import.
Rename the rotation to something else.
Delete the old copy of the rotation.
Reclick Import or reclick the LOAD button.
- Q: Why is the next action showing spells ready when they are not ready?
A: The next action prediction logic ignores power type checks such as mana, energy ,rage by default. This gives you the option to show what is coming up regardless if you have the power to cast it. If you don't like to see next actions when you dont have the power to cast them you can specify a power requirement on the action in the player tab and the action will no longer show up in the next action if you dont meet the specified power.
- Date created
- Jan 11, 2011
- Last update
- Jul 28, 2016
- Development stage
- Public Domain
- Curse link
- Rotation Builder
- Recent files
- Embedded library