Van32's CombatMusic, or just CombatMusic is an addon that you can use to bring that RPG feel back to your World of Warcraft experience! It helps you by automatically playing music you choose when you get into fights ingame!
This addon is not distributed with any music files, as it would be copyright infringment. You will have to provide your own music following the instructions found in the README
Have a suggestion? Found a bug in the AddOn? Follow this link to submit a ticket!
What's happening with 7.0?
- CombatMusic has been fully updated for 7.0 prepatch, though with the issue causing PlayMusic() to not allow custom music files to play, there will not be a pushed update to 7.0 until Blizzard fixes this bug. There's a thread on the fourms for more info
- Some more news for those interested: This issue is getting fixed in 7.1! It's only took them this long to get it fixed, but here's a link to the post.
Where'd Pet Battle support go?
- It's been temporarily removed with version 5 because I wanted to get something out there now, instead of a while from now. I need to figure out exactly how I want to implement it and it's configuration before moving ahead with it. Expect to see it in the next major release though!
My CombatMusic doesn't play songs when I enter Combat! HALP!
- All right, did you read the README first?
- Check to make sure your songs are set up properly. You have to put them in Interface/Music, not in the CombatMusic folder, and they need to be named properly, or CombatMusic won't see them!
- If they still don't work, submit a ticket!
Are there any addons this one doesn't work with?
- Right now, yes. There's another addon called CoolStealth that CombatMusic is incompatible with.
- Any addon that tries to do the same thing as CombatMusic is also more than likely incompatible with it.
Are you going to add mounted/per-zone music options?
- No. The addon is called CombatMusic. To have that would not make sense. I want to keep it simple for the end-user (That would be you.) to set up and use. Having to add the files, and rename them for all the zones is too much.
Why 'Interface/Music' and not 'Interface\Addons\Van32s_CombatMusic\'?
- No really. I took into consideration the Curse Client deleting all of your music files every time I updated the addon. Which it would do, if I stored them in it's directory.
CombatMusic is designed, first and foremost, to play music when your character is in combat. It can do this in a variety of ways, with as many songs as you like.
The add-on is designed to tell the difference between a monster that is a boss, or not, and can play music appropriate to the encounter. It will pick songs randomly from your list of songs, or you can tell it to pick specific songs, it doesn't matter.
The main thing is; there's no playlists to set up, no code needs to be changed to make the addon run, it just works.
Want to see CombatMusic in action? Want to see what it really does? Go and check out this YouTube video!
CombatMusic, when you enter combat, will first check to see what you or your focus has targeted. This is how it knows if you're fighting a boss or not. It checks those two, against a variety of different things, starting with your custom "BossList", a list of NPC names, and music, that you've set up for it. If it doesn't find it there, It'll check to see if it should play something from the "Bosses" folder, or from the "Battles" folder instead.
After Combat, one of three things can happen:
- If you lost, CombatMusic will play the Game Over song.
- If it was a boss, it'll play your fanfare!
- Otherwise, it'll just fade out the music.
CombatMusic won't just play the victory fanfare when you beat a boss, it'll play it for you when you level up as well... It'll also play the game over song whenever your character dies, not just during a fight... (My main's heard it more than 2000 times, if that's any reference.)
CombatMusic 5 was written with modding it in mind! Feel free to add to or change your own copy of CombatMusic as long as you don't share the original code files (Anything that was distributed with the addon package). If you want to give your awesome CombatMusic mod to others, package it up as an Ace3 module for CombatMusic instead!
Here's a list of modules that currently exist: (If you want me to add yours, upload it to Curse, and PM me, i'll add it here!)
|Tiered Bosses||Allows you to have two different types of boss music!||Vandesdelca32|
There's been a few extra commands added in since version 5.0, they're listed here.
|/cm||Opens the options menu, main slash command|
|/cm challenge||Activates Challenge mode|
|/cm level <x>||Sets the 'dungeon level' for calculating bosses to x where x is between 1 and the level cap.|
|/cm level reset||Resets the 'dungeon level' to your current level.|
|/cm debug||Toggles debug mode. This mode is really quite spammy, so use it only if you need it.|
This addon, and it's code files (excluding any included libraries, which are used with permission.) are the copyrighted material of Vandesdelca32, and are given to you to use and modify for personal use only. You may not redistribute any part of this addon, modified or original, without the author's express permission.
This addon is available in English primarily, though it will work in any locale. All other locales are offered and translated by the Curse Community, and I take no responsibility if any... bad translations find their way into the addon. I will do my best to fix it as soon as I am made aware, of course! Just leave a ticket noting which message is wrong or offensive, and I will fix it immediately!
Table of contents
- 1 About
- 2 Important!
- 3 News
- 4 FAQ
- 4.1 What's happening with 7.0?
- 4.2 Where'd Pet Battle support go?
- 4.3 My CombatMusic doesn't play songs when I enter Combat! HALP!
- 4.4 Are there any addons this one doesn't work with?
- 4.5 Are you going to add mounted/per-zone music options?
- 4.6 Why 'Interface/Music' and not 'Interface\Addons\Van32s_CombatMusic\'?
- 5 Features
- 6 Legal Stuff
- Date created
- Mar 17, 2010
- Last update
- Jun 28, 2016
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Van32's CombatMusic
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files