Ever been grinding for the Hyacinth Macaw and wanted to know just how unlucky you are? Then this is the addon for you!
Bunny Hunter tracks how many times you've looted mobs that drop rare pets, how long you've spent farming and shows you the chance that you should have gotten your pet by now. Supports (nearly) all the farmable pets and tracks multiple drops of each pet. Just start looting those Bloodsail Pirates!
Since version 1.6, Bunny Hunter also supports farming for rare mount drops. Just select a mount from the drop down menu, or start killing mobs that drop them. Bear in mind that the addon works by watching you *loot* mobs, so if someone else in your party or raid loots the mob, it wont be tracked.
When AOE looting was introduced in 5.0.4, Bunny Hunter changed the way it detects units being looted. At this time, there is no way to find out the mobs being looted if they only drop gold. Hopefully this will be fixed in future patches.
If you would like to better understand how this addon calculates percentages, read this detailed explanation.
- Hyacinth Macaw
- Green Wing Macaw
- Deviate Hatchling
- Gundrak Hatchling
- Razzashi Hatchling
- Azure Whelpling
- Tiny Crimson Whelpling
- Dark Whelpling
- Tiny Emerald Whelpling
- Captured Firefly
- Black Tabby Cat
- Phoenix Hatchling
- Sprite Darter Egg
- Fox Kit
- Onyxian Drake
- Fiery Warhorse
- Rivendare's Deathcharger
- Blue Proto-Drake
- Vitreous Stone Drake
- Drake of the North Wind
- Swift White Hawkstrider
- Raven Lord
- Headless Horseman's Mount
- Red Qiraji Battle Tank
Not tracked because they have 100% drop:
- Invincible (Lich King 25H)
- Mimiron's Head (Yogg-Saron 25+0)
- Time-Lost Proto-Drake
- Black Drake Mount (Sarth 10 3D)
- Twilight Drake Mount (Sarth 25 3D)
Not tracked for other reasons:
- Sea Turtle (Comes from fishing)
- White Polar Bear (Comes from a quest reward)
- Blue Drake (Can be found in both EoE 10, and Occulus bags)
- Azure Drake (Can be found in EoE 10 & 25, from a chest)
- Yellow/Green/Blue Qiraji Battle Tank (Not really rare)
- Green Proto-Drake (Comes from an egg)
- Swift Razzashi Raptor (No longer obtainable)
- Swift Zulian Tiger (No longer obtainable)
- Disgusting Oozeling (2-tier looting - will implement one day)
- Mojo (Same as oozeling)
- To show/hide the frame, type /bh or /bunnyhunter
- To change the pet you're tracking, click on the pet icon
- Drag the progress bar to move the frame
- Drag the small grey rectangle to resize the frame
Timing starts when you loot the first mob and ends after 5 minutes of not looting a relevant mob (or logging out, or switching to a different pet). After 5 minutes not looting relevant mobs, your farming time is paused at the last relevant mob you looted. It's complicated to understand at first, but makes sense when you've played with it for a while. For example:
- I loot a Bloodsail Warlock, starting my farming timer
- I farm for 30 minutes, looting many more Bloodsail mobs
- I loot my last Bloodsail Mage and start running back to Booty Bay
- 5 minutes later, the timer stops.
- Only the time between the first warlock and the last mage is added to my counter
This addon works by tracking when you *loot* mobs. If you're in a party/raid and you don't personally open the loot window for the mob, it will not get tracked.
If you started farming for pets or mounts before you installed this addon, you can modfiy your current kill count by editing this file:
Make sure you quit WoW before editing it. Make a backup incase you break something. You will want to edit the ["kills_by_id"] section - the numbers on the left are mob IDs and the numbers on the right are counts.