- Select chat text for Copying
- Increases the default chat frame history from 128 lines to 500
- Works on the Combat Log too
- Shift-click on the chat frame to enter Edit Mode
- Select and copy the desired text
- Exit Edit Mode by clicking outside of the chat frame or hitting escape
Reasons to use ChatEdit
- Select text in the chat area (not a screen obscuring popup)
- Select more than one line
- Scrolls automatically when you try to select more than the visible area
- Toggled Edit Mode ensures you're not accidently selecting text
- Scroll bar allows for fast scrubbing of the chat history
- Edit Mode text is full color (to more easily find what you're looking for)
For Your Information
- Edit mode is basically an editbox that overlays the chat frame.
- The text will revert if you try to make changes.
- No new text will be added to the chat frame while you're in Edit Mode. Exit Edit Mode to see more recent messages.
- Because of auto-line wrapping, smooth scrolling vs line scrolling, indenting and non-standard width fonts it is nearly impossible to map the scroll position of the chat frame on to an editbox. For this reason when you enter edit mode it will always scroll down to the bottom.
Like This Addon?
- Rate it 5 stars!
- Add it as a favorite to be notified of updates
- Leave a comment
- Show your appreciation by donating to the author
- Use the curse client to download and update (it contributes to the author's reward points)