This is an Ace3 based addon that I wrote to avoid constantly typing "gratz".
It started off as a small addon for me to use personally as well as an opportunity for me to practice programming. The code is quite simple and commented, so it should serve as a good example if you're beginning to code in Lua.
- Automatically responds when players in your guild earn an achievement.
- Randomly picks a message from a user customizable message table.
- Has a configurable random delay between the achievement notification and response.
- Supports variables within messages.
All configuration is done via the /congratz [option] slash command.
- show - displays the current addon configuration.
- add <message> - adds a new message to the table.
- delete <number> - removes the message corresponding to that number.
- group <message> - sets the message to be shown if multiple people earn a gratz.
- delay <number> - sets the range for random delay (1 or more seconds).
This options list can also be seen in game by typing /congratz.
When creating your messages, you can use the following variables which will automatically be replaced by congratz.
- #N - the name of the player receiving the congratulations.
New Features and Bug Reports
Please post bug reports and feature requests here: Tickets.
The ticket system is used to make it easier for me to keep track of what needs to be done, and also makes it easier for you (the user) to see the status of your inquiry. Please avoid cluttering the comments section since ticketed items will be dealt with first.
If you can think of something you want this addon to do, let me know! Chances are I can do it for you.
There are plenty of other addons on Curse and other networks that provide similar functionality to Congratz and if you think that there is a function that they provide which Congratz should, please let me know :-)