Azeroth Adventure Kit - Narcissus(BETA)
Thank you for taking an interest in my new project. Any feedback, advice is welcomed! But before you start, please read the following guides.
Lines that marked with [BETA] indicate the following design is temporary.
See the Latest Patch notes
Fixes two major issues:
- Unable to open the addon on certain races.
- Entering Xmog Mode shows Lua errors due to wearing specific equipment.
- Addressed an issue that caused an unintended increase in auto follow duration.
- The camera will no longer be rotated to the front of your character when you open Narcissus while moving or mounting.
- If you have the auto-follow feature enabled, your camera distance will be restored after exiting the addon.
- You can once again use an item via right-click. Equipment slots will be immediately closed when entering combat.
- You can unequip a gear via Alt + Left-click. This action has been there since the very first version, and it now has visual feedback.
- The mini-map button can now be hidden correctly.
1. Your MSAA settings can be properly saved.
2. Nameplates no longer go missing.
1. More customization
2. Upgraded Model control pane
1. Camera optimization for druid
2. The default position of the 3D model has been adjusted.
- In the previous versions, the equipment slots cannot be fully hidden during combat. It's because any button that can be used to use an item or cast a spell, is not allowed to be hidden automatically during combat lockdown. So with 1.0.2, you can no longer use the item via right-clicking the slot button in Narcissus, nor open Narcissus during combat. But you will be able to properly close the addon when you are in combat.
- The double-tap feature is now optional. Its time interval has been greatly reduced so you might want to give it another chance.
- Xmog: New compact xmog mode. Set animations.
- Preference Panel: Set bindings and adjust font size and scale.
- MSAA Slider: Temporarily increase the anti-aliasing level.
- Camera auto-follow issue has been resolved. In its previous version, Narcissus temporarily saves your view in View #5 when the addon is called so that your camera position can be restored later. But the thing is using a custom view causes the auto-follow dysfunction. So the work-around is:
- Those who have already disabled the auto-follow feature, your camera can be restored to its previous location.
- Those who enable the feature, your camera will be reset to a game pre-defined position with auto-follow intact. Kudos to Deathbox from Reddit for finding this remedy.
- If you think you're having camera-related trouble or the rest of the Blizzard UI cannot be shown after pressing Alt + Z, Middle-click the minimap button or Photo Mode button to reset everything.
- When the addon is activated, a special camera profile will be applied. So your character will roughly stay at the same position on your screen while zooming in/out. This profile is adjusted by each race and gender, and also takes worgen’s two forms into consideration.
- The 3D portrait shown in the transmog mode has been re-calibrated. And the helmet on that model is removed to avoid weird clipping.
- Considering you might prefer to paste the screenshot directly from the clipboard rather than using the images within wow/screenshots folder, the Photo Mode toolbar on the bottom left will now hide itself once your cursor is moved out from specific area.
- Double tap the same hotkey that you've set for the old character panel.
- Customize the lighting of your dressing room model.
- New Title Manager allows you to sort your titles by category and rarity. Mouse over a known title and its source will pop out.
- Change the displayed name for anonymity or role play.
- Enchant is now displayed on the slot border. (support enchants from LEG and BFA).
- Grain effect is a toggle now and is set to “disabled” by default.
- No longer disable ActionCam after closing the addon.
- Gametooltips will not pop out unintentionally when the addon is active.
- Your Cyrillic name now displays properly.
- Music volume can be adjusted again after opening the addon.
What Is This Addon?
Narcissus is an innovative character’s equipment frame (paper doll) which is designed for presenting your toon in a unique way and, most of all, providing an immersive game experience.
Notice that this add-on is not a substitute for the conventional paper doll, it creates a completely independent frame. It means you can still use the old one at any time you want, and it is compatible with other UI addons like AzeriteUI, ElvUI.
How Do I Use It?
[BETA]Open Narcissus by left-clicking its mini-map button, or use slash command /narci, or double tap the same hotkey that you've set for the old character panel (its default key is C ).
Then you will see the UI as shown below:
Press ESC to close
Equipment Slot Gestures
- Left-click: Open or close equipment comparison frame.
- Alt+Left-click: Unequip this slot.
- Alt+Mouseover: Open equipment comparison frame. Unlike the first gesture, this frame will be closed once the Alt Key is released.
Right-click: Use this item (if possible).Removed in 1.0.2
This toolbar will automatically be hidden when you take a screenshot, which means this widget will not be visible in the images in your WoW Screenshots folder.
Left-click the Camera icon to open the toolbar. Hover your cursor above the toolbar, then scroll down/up to switch between two toolbars.
- Transmog Mode: Replace all slots with the items you used for transmogrification.
- Do Emote: Do emote with unique animations.
- Hide Texts: Temporarily hide all creatures’ names, damage texts, chat bubbles.
- Top Quality: Temporarily set every graphics quality to its maximum.
Thanks for watching! Feel free to contact me on Twitter @Peterdox
See more screenshots
Transmog Mode Layout: Texts and Player's Model
Transmog Mode Layout: Texts only
Transmog Mode: Copy texts