No Role Check
NoRoleCheck attempts to do away with the annoying role check dialog when there's only really one option for you.
If you're a pure damage dealing class, or if both of your specs are for one particular role, e.g. healing or tanking, then NoRoleCheck will automatically answer any raid role check with the appropriate response - you won't even see the role check window.
A slash command /setrole or /sr is also available to automatically set the correct role without a role check.
NoRoleCheck will automatically guess your role if:
- Your class can only play the role of DPS (or only healer / only tank, not that any classes do that) OR
- Both (or one if you only have one) of your Talent Specs are for the same role, (e.g. a priest with one holy and one discipline spec will always play a healing role regardless of which spec they use)
NoRoleCheck cannot automatically guess your role if:
- You have no talents (unless your class is a single-role class) OR
- Either of your talent specs can play multiple roles (e.g. Feral druids can be either a Tank or DPS) OR
- Your Primary spec plays a different role to your Secondary spec (e.g. a Fury / Prot warrior could be either a Tank or DPS depending on which of their two specs they use)
I put this simple addon together to avoid having to manually answer role checks on my mage, to which the answer was always 'yes, dps, still dps, always dps', hopefully other people will also find it useful.