Not working anymore with MarySure Protocol #160


  • Started
  • Fixed
Closed
  • swissb00m created this issue Jul 28, 2018

    Hello there

     

    I would like the issue that you cannot use TipTac currently when you are also RP-addons like TotalRP. At first it showed justed a blank tooltip (border and background but no text/icons/etc). When I go to General -> Name Type -> and set to MarySure, it shows a LUA error:

     

    Message: Interface\AddOns\totalRP3\libs\LibMSP\LibMSP.lua:686: attempt to index field 'char' (a function value)

    Stack: Interface\AddOns\totalRP3\libs\LibMSP\LibMSP.lua:686: attempt to index field 'char' (a function value)
    Interface\AddOns\totalRP3\libs\LibMSP\LibMSP.lua:686: in function `Request'
    Interface\AddOns\TipTac\ttCore.lua:1360: in function <Interface\AddOns\TipTac\ttCore.lua:1351>
    Interface\AddOns\TipTac\ttCore.lua:1454: in function `ApplyGeneralAppearance'
    Interface\AddOns\TipTac\ttCore.lua:1062: in function <Interface\AddOns\TipTac\ttCore.lua:1026>

     

    As TotalRP (and probably all RP addons) were updated for 8.0 there seems to be an incompatibility at the moment.

     

    Thank you for have a look at this :)

     

    Regards

     

    Mitch

  • swissb00m added a tag Started Jul 28, 2018
  • SolanyaStormbreaker posted a comment Jul 30, 2018

    I've sent the issue to the current LibMSP maintainers so they can take a look as well in case it's coming from there.

     

    Edit : ttCore.lua Line 1360 should be msp:Request, not msp.Request.

     

    The old version was incorrect but silently failing because self wasn't used. LibMSP was rewritten for 8.0, keeping the same syntax but using self, causing issues in this case because it can't find self.


    Edited Jul 30, 2018
  • EllypseCelweBelore posted a comment Jul 30, 2018

    I have checked the older (2011) version of MSP and MSP's Request function has always been declared as a method that passes self (:Request) and not a simple method (.Request). The code in TipTac probably never worked, but the recent updates to LibMSP made it error out now instead of silently failing. The current and update version of this method the library can be found here https://github.com/Ellypse/LibMSP/blob/master/LibMSP.lua#L682

  • swissb00m posted a comment Jul 30, 2018

    I updated the LibMSP.lua and also the chomp-package (as it was version 4 and asked for 5 or newer). At the end although I do end at the same point:

     

    Message: Interface\AddOns\totalRP3\libs\LibMSP\LibMSP.lua:688: attempt to index field 'char' (a function value)
    Time: Mon Jul 30 18:37:09 2018
    Count: 6
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\totalRP3\libs\LibMSP\LibMSP.lua:688: attempt to index field 'char' (a function value)
    Interface\AddOns\totalRP3\libs\LibMSP\LibMSP.lua:688: in function `Request'
    Interface\AddOns\TipTac\ttCore.lua:1360: in function <Interface\AddOns\TipTac\ttCore.lua:1351>
    Interface\AddOns\TipTac\ttCore.lua:1454: in function `ApplyGeneralAppearance'
    Interface\AddOns\TipTac\ttCore.lua:1062: in function <Interface\AddOns\TipTac\ttCore.lua:1026>
    [C]: ?
    [C]: ?
    [C]: in function `SetUnit'
    Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:474: in function `UnitFrame_UpdateTooltip'
    Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:460: in function `UnitFrame_OnEnter'
    ...nterface\AddOns\ShadowedUnitFrames\modules\units.lua:662: in function `OnEnter'
    ...nterface\AddOns\ShadowedUnitFrames\modules\units.lua:649: in function <...nterface\AddOns\ShadowedUnitFrames\modules\units.lua:647>

    Locals: self = "Panthegra"
    name = "NA-DieAldor"
    fields = nil
    now = 979.7
    (*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
    (*temporary) = "^([^%-]+)"
    (*temporary) = "NA"
    (*temporary) = "%s-%s"
    (*temporary) = "NA"
    (*temporary) = "DieAldor"
    (*temporary) = "NA-DieAldor"
    (*temporary) = "[%s%-]"
    (*temporary) = ""
    (*temporary) = "DieAldor"
    (*temporary) = 1
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'char' (a function value)"
    PLAYER_NAME = "Panthegra-DieAldor"
    PROBE_FREQUENCY = 300
    FIELD_FREQUENCY = 30
    tohex = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\totalRP3\libs\LibMSP\LibMSP.lua:257
    Send = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\totalRP3\libs\LibMSP\LibMSP.lua:375

  • Aezay posted a comment Jul 30, 2018

    @ SolanyaStormbreaker  @EllypseCelweBelore

    Thanks for the information you posted. That issue is now fixed.

     

    Truth be told, I don't believe this code was ever truly tested. Looking at the changelog, the entry does say Added experimental code to support the "Mary Sue Protocol". But there was never any bug reports for it, until now.

     

    I'm unsure if there is anything else TipTac could do to better support RP addons, but if so, post them here.

  • Aezay added a tag Fixed Jul 30, 2018
  • swissb00m posted a comment Jul 31, 2018

    I close it therefore. Thank you so much for fixing it. I assume it will be then in the next build.

  • swissb00m closed issue Jul 31, 2018
  • Il_Berti added an attachment Senza titolo.png Aug 31, 2018

    Incompatible.

    Can t use


To post a comment, please login or register a new account.